Main Job responsibilities:
Identify, assess, monitor, reporting and control the operational risks at branch level;
Monitor and report the main Key Risk Indicators of the Branch, both in the operational risk area and in the outsourced business;
Ensure the proper development of internal regulations in order to mitigate the negative effect of the losses that might be generated by human errors, process flaws, system malfunctions and frauds.
ORM Specific Processes:
- Supports Risk Manager in identifying, measuring and monitoring the operational risk;Supports Mother Bank Operational Risk Function in implementing the group policies at Branch level;
- Revise and approve from the operational risk perspective all the internal regulations of the branch;
- Cooperate closely with the internal control functions of the branch in order to gain the desired synergies for a sound and an efficient ICS;
- Prepares and supports the organization of the Operational Risk Self-Assessment process at branch level;
- Coordinates the loss collection activity and event reporting at branch level and centralize the results;
- Prepares the Operational Risk Reports necessary for the regular meeting of the Risk Committee and presents the outcomes to the Branch Management;
- Gather and analyze monthly Key Risk Indicators evolution;
- Event tracking, reporting, response and analysis;
- Participates in the development of products/ projects at branch level
- Escalates to Risk Manager in case of operational risks for which no agreement was reached.
Assistance in development, coordination and delivery of Operational Risk training to the Branch employees.
- Solid experience (at least 3-5 years) in financial industry and/ or operational risk (or similar areas: audit/ compliance, etc.);
- A good understanding of process controls to help resolve control failures and challenge proposed control improvements
Prior relevant experience which implies direct relation with wide range of Bank departments; Basel II knowledge and outsourcing principles;
- University degree / Post-University degree;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Good communication and presentation skills;
- Planning and organizing abilities;
- Client oriented, problem solving rather than issues reporting;
- Well organized and able to prioritize, positive thinker.
- Fluent English, verbal and written;
- Computer skills: MS Office; Database knowledge is a plus.