With sales of €39. 2 billion in, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 215k employees in 55 countries. The Automotive Group with its three divisions Chassis & Safety (sales of approx. €8. 4 billion in, roughly 40k employees), Powertrain (sales of approx. €7. 1 billion in, roughly, 4k employees) and Interior (sales of approx. €8. 2 billion in, roughly, 5k employees) achieved sales of approximately €23. 7 billion in 2015. The Automotive Group is present in more than 170 locations worldwide. As a partner to the automotive and commercial vehicle industry, it develops and produces innovative products and systems for a modern automotive future in which cars provide individual mobility and driving pleasure consistent with driving safety, environmental responsibility, and cost-efficiency.
Operational Procurement Internship
Continental Automotive is establishing in Timisoara a Global Business Services center that will eventually perform accounting and purchasing activities for Contitech locations all over Europe. The center is going to be connected to specific plants and offices in different countries and regions and will offer high standard and quality services within a complex technological and operational diversity. Our employees working in the GBS will have the opportunity to develop both their technical know-how and their networking and communication abilities while experiencing growths and managing change.
Currently, we are looking for an intern for our dynamic Purchasing GBS team.
With guidance from your mentor, you will provide support to buyers on purchase order management both for Production and Non Production Materials, involve in minor issue resolution, goods receipt entry, and assist on data extraction of spend reports for the entire team.
Within our team, you will have the chance to be part of a very energetic and innovation-oriented work environment, to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders and to develop a multicultural perspective.
• Posting of Goods Receipts/creating inbound delivery per advanced shipment notification provided;
• Ensuring timely entry of goods receipt within 24h period with prioritization to raw material orders;
• Attaching proof of delivery/packing slip/bill of lading to GR document numbers generated;
• Assisting Purchasing Buyers in acquiring PPM approvals for the invoice price discrepancies, other supplier data collection, inquiries and ad hoc activities;
• Assisting Purchasing Buyers in PO management (. PR to PO conversion, Order acknowledgment, PO expediting and de-expediting);
• Preparing the reports requested by P2P work stream stakeholders and management;
• Preparing the Monthly Local and Import Spend Report as required by the market or business unit.
• Ongoing University studies in business, supply chain, engineering, or any – with strong interest in discovering the Purchasing domain;
• Proficient in using Microsoft Office suite;
• English and German – advanced level;
• Ability to work in international teams;
• Adaptable to learn new processes, concepts, and skills.
What we offer
• Integration Program in a Professional, Young & Dynamic Team
• Competitive Salaries & Benefits
• Professional Development Opportunities
• Health & Wellness
• International Work Environment & Traveling Opportunities
• Relocation Package for non-Timisoara Residents