Middle (2-5 ani), Senior (5-10 ani), Entry (0-2 ani)
Acest anunt este inactiv, însă puteți trimite în continuare CV-ul Dvs. la aceasta companie
The Online Programmer will design and implement functionalities linking the player(s) and the online server/services.
- You will be responsible for creating, debugging, maintaining and optimizing the game’s network and online services, and the related tools that are used for the game’s development;
- You will work closely together with Game Designers and Gameplay Programmers from different worldwide sites in order to develop one of Ubisoft’s major AAA titles.
- Design, prototype, and implement the connectivity services that will be offered in the game while keeping high scalability, availability and security in mind;
- Understand the online intentions of the project and collaborates with Game Designers to set out the technical possibilities for the various online features;
- Ensure clear and structured programming, keeping performance, maintenance and compatibility requirements in mind;
- Perform load tests, suggest improvements and optimize whenever necessary;
- Correct bugs found by peers and the quality control team;
- Ensure the smooth communication with the similar production teams worldwide (with both technical and non-technical parties);
- Document the work to transfer knowledge and enable users (other programmers and team members from other job families) to understand how to use the new systems and features.
- Minimum years’ experience in client-server programming, ideally in the video game industry, or any other relevant experience.
- Strong knowledge of C++ programming. Python programming experience is a plus;
- Experience working with networking protocols (UDP / TCP / Custom protocols), client-server architecture, web server technology and protocols, web services; peer-to-peer architecture is a plus;
- Database programming knowledge in MySQL; Redis and MongoDB are a plus;
- Being knowledgeable about the technologies and tools used in the video game production pipeline and TRC/TCR restrictions is highly appreciated;
- Autonomy, good problem-solving skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical parties;
- Fluent in English.
Benefits that you can enjoy:
- If you’re into sport we’ve got a great gym right into our studio;
- We are proud of our games and we would like you to feel the same way. To get started we’ll give you goodies and games letting you choose what you like;
- If you get hungry you can use your meal tickets at our local cafeteria or even grab some of the fresh fruits that are available in the office each week;
- Since we value health you’ll have access to private medical system after the first 3 months;
- If somehow you feel under the weather you can quickly go to our in studio doctor.
Our heroes are full of character. Full of their own challenges, hopes and dreams. Just like our colleagues. Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms.
Ubisoft Bucharest is an experienced player in the video gaming industry in Romania, being one of the first company of its kind. We have built a strong foundation on which we have grown in the past years.
With a strong history of acclaimed games like Silent Hunter, Blazing Angels or HAWX, the studio has moved into co-development and has made its mark in block buster games like Just Dance, Assassin’s Creed, Ghost Recon and Watch Dogs.
Our studio is located in the Northern part of Bucharest and its goal is to deliver fun to players everywhere.
Combining passion and performance, our teams bring ideas to life. More than just games, we strive to create immersive and engaging worlds that offer moments of escape, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for self-discovery and learning.
In an ever-evolving industry Ubisoft teams are eager to enrich players’ lives with unique and memorable gaming experiences.
We want you to be our partner in this, we want you to evolve with us.