• Source new components and successfully launch them, following F-M Purchasing procedures and meeting Cost targets, Timing, Quality and Capacity.
• Work with the Project Team to develop and agree cost targets for new components prior to customer quote.
• Understand product and cost structure to be able to assess and provide cost estimates when required.
• Promote the principle of concurrent Engineering by organizing and leading early supplier selection. Prototype to mass production and co-design/design to cost approach; Conduct evaluation of supplier proposals and put forward recommendations to achieve project expectations.
• Support BU strategy meetings in the respective NPI areas.
• Ensure the PAP/BOM commercial figures are maintained timely with the most competitive prices to the current market conditions.
• Balance financial objectives across BU and Commodity scope, as necessary for all NPI including OES.
• Prepare analytical reports and forecasts for the assigned projects.
• Take leadership for all purchasing activities for the project and ensure actions from support / local functions are completed on time.
• Ensure Sufficient Capacity is maintained / installed at Suppliers to meet demand requirements.
• Follow and manage APQP process (Advanced Product Quality Planning) purchasing activities until launch of suppliers.
• Require recovery mechanisms for cost drivers in the projects when necessary.
• Follow the Purchasing metrics.
• Closely follow up OTS, OTP, and supplier quality and capacity related matters.
• Escalate unresolved NPI conflicts within BU and between BU and direct materials Commodities.
• Support when required for specific tasks within the scope of purchasing responsibility.
• As Supplier Relationship Escalation Manager support and direct the development of Supplier Partnerships/Strategic alliances as necessary to support and enhance commodities strategies in the field of direct materials.
• Understand key suppliers for each direct materials commodity within BU – preferred & developmental, fostering supplier executive relationships where applicable and aligned with or in support of Commodity Strategy.
• Provide cross-functional support within BU including Sales, Engineering, Operations and Logistics.
• Negotiate and support all program purchasing opportunities (future & current) to create the highest leverage across commodities within the BU.
• Facilitate corporate communication/requirements in the area of advanced purchasing, as appropriate.
• Support commodity strategies incorporate Advanced Technology knowledge to help set direction technological roadmaps.
• Execute and achieve the pre-defined Advanced Purchasing goals and objectives.
• Balance resources to accommodate plant-specific and geographical NPI requirements.
• Travel to suppliers and other Federal-Mogul facilities as required for this position.
• The authority to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of non-conformities relating to the product, process and quality system and the authority to stop further work on non-conforming suspect product until the deficiency or conditions have been corrected.
• Each employee has the authority to initiate action to prevent a violation of the Federal-Mogul/Driv Integrity Policy.
• All employees will abide by their location’s EH&S policy endorsed by the local management, comply with the legal and other requirements and operational controls established under its EHSMS, work toward achieving established objectives and targets, and conform to procedures consistent with the ISstandard. An employee should report, and if necessary stop, any activity that does not conform to the policy or may injure him/her.
• Capable of providing support as requested by supervisor.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business / Materials Management or Logistics required with a preference for an MBA.
• Minimum of 8 years’ experience in Purchasing/Procurement and / or a Materials Management related field with a preference towards high volume manufacturing related industries.
• Strong background and proven experience with high level supplier negotiations and materials management.
• Possess ability to assess supply market trends and characteristics
• Creating a respectful workplace