For our client, a well-known player in the telecom market that provides services in the business to business segment by using industry leading technologies and an extended network and operates at multi –country level in Central & Eastern Europe – we are recruiting a NOC Engineer (shifts based schedule) Central Location Bucharest.
The NOC Engineer provides professional network monitoring, troubleshooting and maintenance in order to effectively answer technical problems related to client services. The NOC Engineer is directly involved in monitoring clients’ networks and services including action tracking, ticketing, managing change control, ensuring effective follow up contact with clients.
Main responsibilities are:
– effectively troubleshoot and solve problems related to client & network faults (Layer 1-4 issues, routing, switching, VPN, VoIP, email, hosting, DNS, cloud, etc.)
– fault management of our national and regional network, according to agreed procedures
– open, update and complete all Trouble Tickets in an accurate and timely manner
– ensure that all clients’ alarms are addressed fast, according to internal procedures
– analyse incidents causes and escalate any improvement requirements
– dispatch field teams and assist them remotely for troubleshooting in the customer’s site or backbone equipment
– get involved in planned works and network upgrades
Main requirements for the NOC Engineer role are:
– availability to work in shifts
– technical university diploma (at least terminal year student)
– technical background: IP (IGP, BGP), Layer2 equipment, VoIP, Linux/Unix,
– experience in ISP / NOC / helpdesk required – at least 1 year
– basic network security knowledge (ACL, Firewall, etc.)
– associate level networking certifications – Cisco CCNA, Juniper JNCIA, etc.
– good communication skills both verbal and in writing
– English language: advanced in speaking and writing
– customer focus
– technical knowledge and skills in order to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
– the ability to promptly react, to analyse, diagnose and solve issues
– high sense of responsibility and ethics
– proactivity, creativity, initiative, drive to improve and continuously learn
Are considered a plus:
– Cisco and Juniper Professional Level Certifications, voice certifications
– SDH/DWDM knowledge
– Virtualization knowledge (VMWare and cloud solutions)Please consider the fact this job requires working in shifts.
The company provides an attractive package (salary, regular bonuses, technical trainings and access to professional development, extended medical subscription and other benefits).