Required Candidate Knowledge and Experience:
• Applies infrastructure technology, tools and concepts to attain project/business unit objectives. Ability to apply this knowledge without direct guidance. Demonstrates the required proficiency levels for technical infrastructure skills.
• Communicates with other professionals (account executives, project managers, architects, IT specialists, consultants, and sales professionals) in the team on tools, technology and methodology related to the design and development of infrastructure solutions, and participates in their evaluation and design.
• Works effectively with other team members to understand project needs in order to design, evaluate and implement infrastructure solutions to meet those needs. Works with team members, including customer, vendor, subcontractor personnel and other IBM personnel to achieve the team's technical and schedule goals.
• Analyzes problems and suggests infrastructure solutions involving IT technology, methodology, process, tools and solution components.
• Appropriate Industry Accreditations and Certifications for Network Design.
• Ability to structure, draft and review technical documentation
• Ability to work under pressure and remain decisive.
• Should be able to mentor junior member of the team.
• Should act as a role model
• Willingness to learn new things
• Extremely flexible if workflow is changing
• Fluent English (spoken and written)
• Communicative competence (pro-active)
• Team player
Technical Knowledge required:
• Basics of IT, Servers, Storage and Cloud Computing
• Basics of Virtualization (VMware)
Network Architecture skills:
• Switches and routers (Cisco and Juniper)
• Network Function Virtualization
• Network Security
• Firewalls (Cisco, Vyatta)
• Load BalancerWAN Accelerator and Interceptor
• Monitoring and Management Tools
• Sound Network troubleshooting skills
• Network analysis tool skills
Working days: Monday to Friday Working; hours: 09:00 - 18:00; Availability for on call for severity 1 outside of business hours