Network Security Engineer
Middle (2-5 ani), Senior (5-10 ani)
GIT - ENS - Network Operations - Network Security
Senior Network Security Engineer
This position is in the Global IT Enterprise – EMEA Network Security Operations team. We are looking for a Network Security Engineer.
Scope of responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the support of devices from the following technologies:
- Load Balancer
- Proxy Server
- IPSec VPN
- Array SSL VPN
- Cisco AAA
In addition to a strong, enterprise-level, security and networking background, candidates should have the following:
- Experience of supporting several of the above listed technologies, with firewalls an absolute must
- Experience of working in an operations environment within an established SLA
- Understanding of network technologies (routing & switching, OSPF, BGP)
- Security and/or networking certifications
The Network Operations Security team is responsible to operate and maintain the Network Security and Remote Access, supporting Oracle's environments in accordance with defined policies and controls. The EMEA Network Operations team it is part of a global operations support team.
- Maintain records of equipment failure and liaise with engineers and suppliers as necessary.
- Handle escalated client problems according to established procedures.
- Manage the network security using network management tools, analyze network performance and discuss network enhancements with networking specialists.
- Analyze network security performance to ensure adequate bandwidth for business needs.
- Recommend enhancements to the network security infrastructure, and enhance proactive network management tool set.
- Troubleshoot network security problems globally, coordinate occasionally with guidance from more experience staff, depending on the complexity.
- Respond to monitor alarms to identify the root cause of an outage and coordinate the corrective action in line with existing procedures and practices.
- 5-10 years experience supporting network and network security technologies, especially Juniper Netscreen and SRX and Fortinet Firewalls, F5 Load balancers, Cisco and Juniper routers and switches, McAfee IDS/IPS and Web Gateways. In-depth knowledge of routing and switching.
- 5-10 years experience in operations roles.
- Experience performing regular capacity management functions for network and network security components.
- Capability to manage/work with other team members to ensure the coordinated resolution of incidents and efficient delivery of projects.
- 3+ years experience as a backline escalation contact with demonstrated ability to quickly troubleshoot network and network security problems to root cause, to restore service and to identify long-term corrective and preventative actions.
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Enthusiastic about new opportunities to improve knowledge, skills, and performance.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with a global team.
- A positive attitude and ability to guide/mentor junior staff.
- Scripting experience.
The candidate will be responsible to remain current with development in the space of technology changes.
The candidate should be willing to work on-call after hours and also weekend and week day after hour scheduled work.