Iristel is currently seeking to hire an individual who speaks and writes English very well and can have a conversation with our Canadian Native English customers with good VOIP and networking knowledge.
• Speaks English very well and can have a conversation with our Canadian Native English customers
• Agile mindset for troubleshooting and optimizations in multi-technology network
• Good networking knowledge (TCP/UDP, NAT, DNS, etc.), knows what happens within a network and the most common equipment used inside a network
• Good knowledge of Unix/Linux server command line interface (cli)
• Willing to work in shifts, including nights and on-call during the weekend
• The candidate must be a team player
• Advantage: the candidate is familiar with VoIP infrastructure such as Class 4 and Class 5 switching, clustering, routing, and codecs, Wireshark
• Advantage: the candidate has obtained certifications like CCNA, CompTIA Linux or similar
• Advantage: the candidate is experienced in working in front-end technical support
• Advantage: the candidate has already held a similar position in the past
• Any type of programming/scripting knowledge will be a plus
• Advantage: the candidate is familiar with UMTS, HSPA+, LTE Mobile technology
• Advantage: French speaking
A Network Operation Center technical agent is able to:
• Offer support to all Iristel customers, over phone and e-mail
• Analyse and solve advanced technical issues
• Prepare technical solutions and together with the customer, implement it
• Permanently monitors Iristel’s network and infrastructure, assuring an optimal functioning of Iristel’s services
• Engage with partners and providers in Canada and internationally
Benefits include an attractive salary, private medical insurance, massage, multiple opportunities for promotion, as well as an environment veered towards learning and professional development for all employees.
Iristel is Canada's largest and fastest-growing carrier providing innovative communication services that are changing how consumers and businesses communicate. Iristel offers OTT, Voice Service Provider and Carrier customers a full suite of domestic and international Local Voice, Wholesale Voice,, SMS and Platform services that are supported by Iristel's unified VoIP and GSM networks. Founded in, Toronto-based Iristel operates Canada's largest facilities-based local voice network extending Coast-to-Coast-to-Coast as well as Ice Wireless, a 4G/LTE carrier with operations in Canada's Far North. For more information, please visit Iristel at: .
Iristel Romania is a Telecom Company, subsidiary of IRIS TEHNOLOGIES INC. Canada. It began operating in Romania in 2002 as a telephone operator and offers a broad range of services and also complex telephone solutions to our Romanian and international customers.