Mid-Senior Java Software Developer
Middle (2-5 ani), Senior (5-10 ani)
Fortech is looking for a Mid-Senior Java Software Developer to shape the beginning of the company at the local level in Brasov.
In this role, you will work on one of our projects, with different complexity and team size, ranging from 5 to 40+ colleagues.
This will be a dynamic environment, where you will have the chance to participate throughout the complete software development lifecycle, including the design and architectural decisions, and to focus on software quality through peer reviews, refactoring, continuous integration and deployment. Our teams are self-organizing and following agile principles and methodologies. You will be working directly with our Product Owners and stakeholders from our clients.
You will be part of our Java team in Brasov and will get connected with software engineers and leaders from our delivery centers, having the chance to contribute to various company initiatives.
- Contribute actively to delivering highly available, resilient and distributed systems through hands-on implementation (. proof of concepts), but also team coordination and guidance
- Be an advocate and a practitioner of software development best practices: clean coding, design patterns, test-driven development, automation, continuous integration and delivering
- Make design and (re-)architecture related proposals
- Offer input to product owners and managers for proper planning and cross-components integration
- Build and prioritize a technical backlog
- Have a focus on application monitoring, scalability and performance
- Plan and execute deployment activities of system features and ensure successful integration
- Facilitate technical knowledge share through effective technical documentation
- Guide & offer feedback to team members through peer review, coaching and mentoring activities
- Contribute with software development process improvements
- OO analysis & design skills
- Proven development experience using Java SE (Java 8 features is a plus), beans, dependency injection, concurrency, transactions, ORM (Hibernate, JPA)
- Experience with frameworks/technologies: Spring, Web frameworks, RESTfull Web Service
- Experience with relational database concepts and SQL (NoSQL experience is a plus)
- Good working experience with automated testing & mocking frameworks (jUnit, Mockito)
- Experience with application containers (Tomcat, Jetty)
- Good work experience with Agile Methodologies (Scrum, Kanban) knowledge of build tools (Gradle, Maven, Git)
- Willingness to rapidly learn new technologies and advocate for emerging technologies that will enhance the existing environment
- Good command of English
Nice to Have:
- Linux operation system knowledge
- JVM tuning utilities know-how
- Application performance profiling experience
- Application monitoring & analytics (New Relic), including centralized logging know-how (Splunk, ELK)
- Continuous integration processes and tooling experience (Jenkins, Experience with microservices based architecture is a plus Shell, Bash, Python)
- Knowledge of messaging protocols
You will work in an environment that demands professionalism and at the same time values quality people and connections. Our principles are simple: show respect, be reliable and continuously seek to progress.
We offer a competitive compensation package, medical insurance, learning and development opportunities and other perks and benefits.