We are looking for an enthusiastic dedicated, self-motivated Automation/DevOps Engineer to work within our Data Automation team to support all Data platforms and services across Paddy Power Betfair. The successful candidate will be proactive, thorough and have excellent technical and problem solving skills, with a positive and results-driven attitude.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
• Evaluation and installation of new applications, monitoring and support of existing ones, improving the existing cloud and on-premises environments by using Automation and DevOps tools and processes, scripting, and pushing for automation and an Automation/DevOps mentality.
• Deployment and configuration of new cloud based Data platforms, new software application releases, monitoring and alerting, etc.
Key Working Relationships:
This position involves working with and been part of a cross-skilled data engineering team, and will have regular contact with the Data development teams, Architecture, infrastructure, networking and other technology teams and business stakeholders.
Experience & Qualifications Required:
Fluent in English
Year(s) of Linux/Unix-like administration, preferably RedHat/CentOS
Demonstrable scripting or programming knowledge (shell scripting, Python)
Basic experience with databases
Understanding of configuration management and server orchestration
Understanding of continuous integration/deployment
Ability to work and communicate with non-technical business staff
Continuous integration/deployment experience (Jenkins, Go), highly desirable
Experience with automation tools like Ansible, Chef, SaltStack, etc., highly desirable
Experience working in large environments, with experience and understanding of change control and release management processes
Implementation and configuration of monitoring tools
Experience of load balancing products, clustering and/or high availability
Experience with packaging of applications
Skills & Attributes
• Ability to work in a fast paced, team oriented environment
• Excellent communication skills. An ability to communicate and manage expectations under pressure is vital
• Attention to detail and proactive "can-do" approach to all aspects of systems administration
• Ability to take ownership of an issue and work to tight timeframes as necessary
• Keen interest in working with new technologies