Medical assistant (Full Time Job)
Acest job nu mai este activ.
The major focus of school nursing services in prevention of illness and disability and the early detection and correction of health problems.
- Provides health assessments for children;
- Utilises existing health resources to provide appropriate care of pupils;
- Plans and implement school health management protocols for children;
- Provides information concerning health problems in order to encourage responsible decision-making practice;
- Is responsible for maintaining and updating cumulative health records;
- Sets up first aids kit and obtain needed supplies and equipment for nurse’s office;
- Assumes a leadership role in promoting the health and safety of Cambridge School students through health education, health counselling, advocacy, and by performing or supervising nursing care of students;
- Provides ongoing health information to pupils, parents, school personnel;
Reports regularly in writing to the Director and on children health
Promotes and assists in the control of communicable diseases through preventive
immunization programs, early detection, surveillance and reporting of contagious
- Recommends provisions for a school environment conducive to learning;
- Keep up-to-date with changes and developments in the medical domain through individual study and attending courses, workshops and meetings;
- Take part in school events, outings and activities which might be organized during the weekends or in the evening;
- Act as a consistent role model to all students providing them with advice, knowledge and mentorship that extend beyond the delivery of the curriculum;
- Set a good example at all time adopting a professional appearance and being culturally sensitive and professional both in the school and the community.
- Valid license to practice professional nursing
- Minimum 3 years experience as a professional registered nurse (references are required)
- Very good knowledge of English
- First aid certificate and any other appropriate certifications
- Possess good oral and written communication skills and be a good communicator, who is accessible to pupils and colleagues;
- Highly organised
- Satisfactory health record and criminal record
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Considerable knowledge of medical disorders and treatment.
- Considerable knowledge of child growth and development.
- Working knowledge of laws and regulations affecting the delivery of school health services.
- Ability to identify and abnormal growth and development and symptoms of disease.
- Ability to develop and maintain health records on students.
- Ability to develop positive working relationships.
Cambridge School of Bucharest is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.