We are one of the top FMCG companies in Romania and the market leader of our industry, with a continuous growth record of over 10 years and a strong portfolio of global brands.
Part of the Strategic Planning & Insights department within Marketing, the work & contribution of the Insights team are central to a sound understanding of our consumers, a well-informed decision-making process and a future-oriented marketing strategy.
Work in our Insights team benefits from a complex toolkit of research methodologies, covering the entire marketing mix, a sizable budget and the partnership of global and local research agencies. Mid-term, it may open up a number of opportunities for further professional and career development, either locally or internationally.
What will you do in this role:
- You’ll essentially uncover actionable insights & deliver analytical projects with clear results and strategic impact, that support strategic marketing and business decisions
- You’ll work (very often together with our research agency partners) on projects of a wide variety (of both a quantitative and qualitative nature), at different levels: individual, team, or cross-departmental
- You’ll manage a portfolio of such research projects, most often involved from the problem definition & understanding to agency briefing, study design, methodology assessment, to delivering final recommendations or conclusions based on the final report or analysis. You’ll work-out the trade-offs between timings, costs, innovative approaches, but you’ll also be expected to always prioritize quality of insights over anything else.
- You’ll interact and work with a large variety of people, including commissioning and managing external agencies, in a multinational environment
- You’ll regularly be involved in analysis of market dynamics, brand and product performance, identifying market segments, consumer and customer trends; analysis of company’s marketing KPI and reporting to Management Team
- You’ll make use of existing marketing information systems and, where adequate, you’ll contribute to their improvement or to the new design of such systems
What will you need for this role / knowledge, skills and experience:
- Generally, you’ll need to be able to use a wide toolkit of quantitative & qualitative methodologies. However, the role would best suit you if you are passionate about data & insights, about understanding our products and the people who buy and use them; if you enjoy smart work, along with the pressure for new thinking, new ways of working and experimentation; if you show energy and integrity, and appetite for learning and for developing professional expertise.
- You’ll either have (or show the ability to develop) a variety of skills, ideally acquired from direct experience and cultivated by relevant education; skills like: critical thinking, statistics / math, analytic tools / software, writing / verbal & presentation, storytelling.
- You’ll also need at least 1-2 years experience in research, gained from either an agency or client-side.
- You’ll have to be able to analyse, structure and create meaning from research findings, extensive data sets, desk research, translating them into commercial insights or clear conclusion and recommendations that can be taken forward by the business.
- This means you’ll have developed solid communication and presentation skills and an appetite for design, data visualization and storytelling. At the very least, you’ll know very well how to employ MS Office, but ideally you’d have worked a bit with the likes of SPSS, R, Tableau etc.
- Working with people is a big part of the role, and so being able to connect with, negotiate with and influence people at all levels and from different countries and cultures will be important.
- You’ll have to design and manage a mix of in-house and commissioned insights projects, including briefing, budgeting and full implementation; it’s also a busy role, hence being able to juggle projects and hit multiple deadlines is also very important
- You’ll contribute to extending our toolkit with modern techniques and to shaping the future scope and skills of the department, hence you’ll need experience with and a strong understanding of online/mobile/social media and of their potential and usage as research platforms.
- Last, but not least: impeccable command of English (proficiency levels) and, for local candidates, of Romanian. Category B – driving licence is not required, but a welcome addition.