Please note that this position is hired as a contractor for 6 months, to cover for extensive medical leave. Extension or permanent hiring after the 6 months is likely, but not guaranteed.
A member of the Supply Chain & Logistic Team in charge of coordinating adapted logistics solutions from shipment schedule to effective delivery to customer focused on a specific business unit.
Propose and set up logistics solutions, meeting the logistics operational goals, customers and business requirements in line with EU and non-EU regulations and best practices.
Liaise with the third party logistic partner, transportation partners, customer service, demand and supply planning team and customs.
KEY ACTIVITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide support to customers and interact with customer service
• Support customer service in their demands and set up appropriate logistics actions.
• Confirm status of delivery and expected delivery dates
• Provide proof of delivery when requested.
• Provide adequate information about transportation price quotes.
• Handle customers’ complaints and organize products replacements when requested.
• Investigate root cause analysis for warehouse and transportation claims.
• Organize returns collection and handle returns when received by the warehouse.
• Act as customer service for intercompany customers: receive and handle claims, create returns and credits.
• Work with the demand and supply planning team to understand products availability and schedule shipments to match with constraints and customer/business requirements.
• Organize logistics operations together with the warehouse, coordinate special packing and special delivery instructions.
• Organize transportation solutions in line with transportation team directives: collect quotatik transport, optimize loads, coordinate shipments with forwarders, and provide instructions for delivery.
• Organize emergency shipments.
• Solve issues with logistics and transportation partners to ensure timely and quality delivery to customers.
• Understand activity variability for the warehouse and take appropriate actions to ensure all shipments happen on time.
Issue and archive shipping documentation
• Provide documentation in line with EU and non-EU regulation, country and customer specific requirements to all partners.
• Manage logistics part of letter of credits, organize inspections.
• Ensure customs documents are cleared within a timely manner, send reminders to forwarders, solve issues with the help of the customs manager and provide adequate alternative proofs when needed.
Projects, continuous improvement
• Drive productivity improvements.
• Support network change, specific process implementation.
• Participate in key projects impacting logistic activities.
KEY/CRITICAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
• Self-motivating individual with very good problem-solving skills, ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative, proactively seeks best practices, ability to work in a virtual team.
• Manage effectively the information flow with the key operational contacts, internal and external.
• Respond in a timely manner when asked for warehousing related support, competent, friendly and flexible.
• Customer focused.
• Resistant to stress. Able to organize him/herself to answer to variable activity while keeping good relationships. Able to define and manage priorities.
• Good knowledge and understanding of EU and non EU regulations.
• Rigorous, attention to detail, seeking for root cause.
• Capable of cost efficient working, of applying lean principles, and avoid over-structuring.
• Ability to handle workload variation.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Certified Logistics specialist with 1-2 years in operational logistics functions and/or supply chain experience.
• Experienced knowledge of the main transport regulations and international import and export trade rules.
• Good MS office skills, especially Excel.
• SAP Order To Cash knowledge desired.
• Advanced level in English, ability to communicate effectively in multi countries/sites environment.