Linux systems administrator
Middle (2-5 ani)
The Linux Systems Administrator serves as the lead resource for all Linux-related IT infrastructure projects within Managed Services Team. Our colleague installs, configures, maintains and provides expert escalation level for Linux server environments managed by GTS for its customers.
A strong working knowledge of storage, multiple operating systems, and application deployment is preferable.
Our colleague will work with the Service Delivery team during the installation phase of the project, and with the Network Operations Center during the life of the respective project.
This position provides opportunities to contribute to the engineering of new systems and re-engineering of old ones.
- Analysis, design, and implementation of customer projects based on physical and/or virtual servers hosted in GTS datacenters;
- Maintain close contact and open communication with the customer during the implementation phase, and during the service lifecycle, when an escalated issue has to be solved;
- Documentation and implementation of services, processes and procedures that will ensure efficiency within the department;
- Contributes as presales engineer during occasional customer meetings, when high-level expertise is required;
- Develop automation tools for the services implementation and infrastructure monitoring;
- Maintains the servers operating systems and software patched according to security best practices and as agreed with the customer;
- Help tune performance and ensure high availability of infrastructure.
- Extensive experience with the following Linux distributions: RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian, SuSE;
- Strong understanding of networking and network topology;
- Strong understanding of various protocols and services, including DHCP, TFTP, NTP, DNS, HTTP, FTP, SMTP, POP3, IMAP, SSH, NFS, ISCSI;
- Substantial experience of common server technologies and applications: storage, both physical and network (raid, lvm, nfs, cifs, iscsi), firewall (iptables), load balancing (ha-proxy), clustering (corosync/pacemaker), dns (bind, powerdns, djbdns), web server (apache, nginx, tomcat), e-mail (postfix, exim, sendmail, qmail, dovecot, courier), sql (mysql, postgresql), ftp (vsftpd, pure-ftpd), vpn (openvpn);
- Advanced scripting skills (bash), knowledge of perl, php or python is a plus;
- Some experience with virtualization (vmware, xen, kvm) is a plus;
- Some experience with Cpanel, Plesk, Virtualmin is a plus.
- Self-motivated and goal driven with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent communication skills including strong attention to detail;
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills;
- Strong organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills;
- Desire to learn new skills and grow competencies;
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks, status actions items, respond to changing priorities, and react to short deadlines.
Who we are
GTS Telecom, part of GTS Central Europe and owned by Deutsche Telekom AG is one of the main infrastructure-based provider of telecommunications services in Romania and is positioned as a quality leader in the communications segment for medium and large companies. Our company is one of the founding members RoNIX (Romanian Network for Internet eXchange) and and is certified ISO, ISO, OHSAS 18001 and IS
GTS provides national and international transport solutions for data, voice, internet access, cloud services and collocation in our own data centers in Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca. The company operates an extensive Ethernet and MPLS network built on a resilient fiber optic infrastructure.
The company has approximately 120 employees and is based in Bucharest.
- We are committed to our customers;
- We do as we say we are going to do;
- Our people make a difference.