LINUX SUPPORT ENGINEER
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Providing technical support to the customer.
- Assisting the customer with the installation and usage of each delivered build of the product.
- Troubleshooting and resolving often complex issues the customer has with the product.
- The first 2 months of the project will be based in the Ireland office and then it will be based full time in Bucharest.
- Experience working in a Linux/UNIX system administration role.
- Knowledge of Red Hat Linux including standard services, protocols, applications, software updates and data recovery.
- Experience working with virtualized environments.
- Proficient with at least one scripting language (ideally python or bash).
- Experience working with various network protocols (NFS, SSH, DNS, NTP, DHCP etc).
- Networking and connectivity troubleshooting.
- Working with high-availability clusters.
- Working in an agile software development environment.
- Ability to clearly explain complicated concepts.
- Ability to write clear and concise emails and documentation.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills to resolve complex technical issues.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Experience in customer facing roles.
- Willingness to occasionally travel.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Market leading Pension Package
- Comprehensive Relocation Assistance
- Health & Life Insurance
- Sports & Social Club, Running Club, Hacker Club
- Wellness Programme: Pilates, Health Screenings & Workshops
- Tax Saver Ticket & Bike to work Scheme
- Excellent opportunities to experiment with new technologies
- Fantastic location in the capital of Romania – “Little Paris of East”
- Learning and development opportunities
- Innovative and challenging work culture.
We are a dynamic, Irish-owned, professional services company, with locations in Northern Ireland, Eastern Europe, UK and HQ in Dublin. From banking to telecoms, from train stations to space stations, we enable customers to keep vital services running. By providing solutions, consultancy and training, we equip our clients to overcome their challenges with tools and people to develop cutting edge technologies in the areas of DevOps, automation CI and Cloud.
At Ammeon, ground breaking technology is at the forefront, but it’s our people who drive the technology and delivery forward. We recognize individual and team contributions, we support them by providing many opportunities for their growth and want them to broaden their horizons by working on technologies that will shape the future. Our HR team is continuously striving to create environment that is supportive, dynamic, innovative and fun to work in.
Ammeon is an equal opportunities employer. Ammeon reserves the right to request an employee to be flexible in his or her duties when the business needs require it.
Ammeon does not accept agency resumes and does not take any responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.