Mandatory skills and experience:
• Experience with different distributions of Linux (Red Hat/Debian/CentOS) environments
• Linux Routing (ipsec/iptables/netfilter)
• Experience with Linux automation tools (. UrbanCode Deploy, Puppet, Chef, Dockers etc.)
• File system concepts (inode, paging, swapping, clustering, logical partitions, etc.)
• Experience in Red Hat Linux virtualization technologies, IT Security Compliance, system management/monitoring tools, operating systems services (NTP, DNS, SMTP)
• Experience providing support in medium to large scale infrastructure environments (change management processes, etc.)
• Experience using ticketing systems.
• Experience with Backup software and strategies.
• Familiarity with RAID disk technologies & SAN infrastructure
• Familiarity with network infrastructure.
Nice to have skills:
• ITIL Certified
• Windows Server & ESX experience is a plus
• Proficient in at least 1 programming/scripting language – bash, python, ruby, etc.
• Experience with backup tools such as Tivoli TSM
• Experience with system monitoring tools and analyzing results
Tasks and responsibilities:
• Be a strong system administrator to implement and support Linux (Red Hat/Debian/CentOS)
• Responsible for uptime, performance, reliability, scalability, security and high availability of infrastructure machines
• Troubleshoot performance issues, OS configuration and hardware failures and apply fixes
• Create and implement change requests for incidents/problems as needed
• Support incidents and perform root cause analysis for service interruption issues. Fix the root cause not the effect.
• Ensure compliance with security guidelines
• Create scripts in order to automate certain tasks
• Structure, draft and review technical documentation, document technical requirements and processes
• Work closely with application teams on troubleshooting issues as well as planning requirements for new servers