Linux Application Administrator
We are looking for a Linux Application Administrator responsible for managing and support a suite of METRO Group applications and related infrastructure services such as server operating systems, database administration and application services. You will ensure the target availability and provide high-quality technical and functional support to our internal clients.
What we’re looking for?
- Administer and support a set of applications running on Linux OS (Debian and RHEL), in accordance with predefined objectives and SLAs
- Performs regular system maintenance including housekeeping, performance tuning and integrate new system versions, drivers and patches
- Implementing active monitoring, identifying, alerting and tracking relevant performance indicators
- Evaluate system performance and produce reports to recommend and implement platform improvements as appropriate
- Administration, support and configuration of Oracle, SQL, PostgreSQL databases for development, testing, preproduction and production usage
- Ensuring high-availability of the applications
- Develop scripts and tasks automation for load and performance tests, application deployment, module integration
- Configuring, maintaining and regularly testing the backup plan
- Testing new technologies by building and implementing PoC for further improve applications’ operational model in areas of design, deployment & integration and administration
- Make recommendations for future application and infrastructure upgrades
- Work with the development team to ensure the service availability and performance
- Develop internal operational procedures and documentation for application administration activities including system monitoring, performance tuning, backup & recovery, server architecture design and system maintenance.
- Actively participates in project planning to ensure timely and successful completion of projects assigned to AOS team.
- Provide on-call 24 x 7 support on a rotating basis
You’re a great fit if you have:
- Very good experience on administering and managing Debian and RHEL server
- Knowledge of building, deploying and managing with containers tools: Docker Swarm, Docker compose, Rancher, Kubernetes is a plus
- Strong experience with Oracle, SQL database administration
- PostgreSQL knowledge is a plus
- Very good experience with Bash, Go, Python scripting language in order to assist automation of regular tasks
- Experience with administration and operation of web and application server technologies like Apache, Tomcat, nginx, CUPS, HAproxy
- Good experience on implementing monitoring tools like CheckMK, Prometheus, ELK
- Experience working with Jenkins and Docker microservice environments is a plus
- Knowledge of cloud computing concepts and technologies
- Knowledge and demonstrated troubleshooting abilities on connectivity issues due to firewall, network, load balancer, proxy and others
- Good communication and time management skills;
- Mature and self-motivated professional with the ability to work in a fast-passed and constantly changing environment
- Able to prioritize topics according to requests and resources;
- Proactive, results-oriented, problem solving skills.
- Very good spoken and written English skills.
What benefits you'll have:
- Flexible working time;
- Lunch tickets;
- Health and life insurance;
- Private pension;
- Trainings (technical, soft skills, business, English);
- Multicultural, Agile environment that encourages new ideas and innovation;
- Gift vouchers;
- Fitness centers discounts;
- Sports activities & other company events;
- Relaxation area;
- Free Bookster account;
- Fresh orange juice, free coffee, fresh fruits.