• University degree in Law.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in the contract management/procurement/legal/project management and economics field
• Availability to travel – Travel as required. Trainings provided abroad
• Fluency in English, including legal English;
• Fluent knowledge of Italian or Russian or Turkish - mandatory
• Detail-oriented, organized, flexible
• Ability to work in multicultural environment
• Strong written and oral communication skills;
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications (. Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Provides support to the Global and/or Regional Service Center team to enable the administration of government, international, and commercial contracts and subcontracts in accordance with company policies and procedures, applicable laws, and customer requirements. Responsible for tracking and monitoring contract changes, deliverables, correspondence and risks, maintaining associated documentation, advising on contract risk and issues, and other duties as may be assigned.
• Advisory on contract risks/issues, contract implementation, contract compliance;
• Cooperation with local and/or international project teams, Contract Management and Contract Management Service Centre teams to support contract and subcontract compliance;
• May generate reports required to monitor contract compliance;
• Assists in identifying contract management issues and proposing solutions for approval;
• Provides negotiation support as required;
• Independently works at smaller engagements and/or works within team at a large, complex engagement;
• Independently applies the Contract Management tools and techniques to assigned projects;
• May support training activities for Service Centers personnel;
• May be requested to provide information relative local customs and practices which could potentially impact the Contract Management Service Centers.