Do you believe that - with the right insights - investors could contribute to a more just and sustainable global economy? Over the last 25 years, we’ve dedicated ourselves to this mission as a leading provider of environmental, social and governance (ESG) and corporate governance research and ratings.
We are proud to have helped several of the leading global investors implement responsible investment strategies that leverage our research. Through the IRRI survey, they have selected us as one of the top two ESG research firms since 2012 and corporate governance research firms, since 2014.
Sustainalytics is a global company with over 300 employees in 13 offices that are situated in the US, UK, Japan, France, Canada, Romania, Australia and the Netherlands. For more information, visit
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type: Permanent
Reports to: Associate Director, Amsterdam
Location: Timisoara or Bucharest
Start date: ASAP
We are expanding our Legal team in order to continue with our company’s successful growth and we’re looking for top talent to join us and grow with us!
As a Legal Adviser, you’ll gain expertise in managing the contract process from start to finish and will be involved in compliance activities.
On a daily basis, you’ll be responsible for:
- Owning the contract life cycle from start to finish for both renewals and new business, including drafting, negotiation, and execution processes.
- Serving as the main point of contact for the sales team on all contract-related items.
- Maintaining an organized schedule to ensure contracts are completed by their deadline.
- Maintaining accurate client and contract data including contact information, products, pricing, and other pertinent transaction details.
- Support with client retention through the application of timely, high quality service.
- Collaborate with other teams to create high quality value for our clients.
- Review and accept compliance relevant contractual clauses and requirements from clients.
- Work with the team on ensuring Sustainalytics develops and maintains effective internal procedures to comply with applicable legal provisions and regulations.
- Monitor compliance areas and provide relevant training, coaching and advice to staff.
- Implement processes to manage compliance efforts across the business which provide a pragmatic and balanced approach to compliance and business.
- Monitor compliance with relevant laws, regulations and internal policies.
- At least 5 years contracting work experience. Compliance activities experience is a plus.
- Degree in Law.
- Excellent business English language skills (C2).
- Customer oriented, enterprise mindset and ability to understand and work with complex contracts and products.
- Demonstrated success in effectively managing contracting projects.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills.
- Meticulousness and attentiveness to detail.
- Ability to work independently and proactively in an international team.
- Resourcefulness, flexibility and adaptability.
- Proficiency in in MS Office Suite.
- Would be a plus: previous experience in training activities and/or a trainer certification.
- Competitive salary depending on the skills and expertise.
- A generous training budget at your disposal for your professional development (certifications, conferences, trainings).
- Excellent medical benefits.
- Partial reimbursement of gym subscription.
- Bonus based on your performance.
- Interesting career development options in a very innovative market.
- Dynamic, professional, flexible and friendly work environment with close collaboration with international teams.
APPLICATION & INTERVIEW PROCESS
Sustainalytics thanks all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In keeping with our ongoing efforts to represent the diversity of our community, we strongly encourage people from diverse groups to apply. Sustainalytics is committed to accommodating individuals with disabilities, upon request.