Gas Laboratory Engineer
At Electrolux we are on a journey to shape living for the better. By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich peoples’ daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in defining enjoyable and sustainable
Our R&D Global Laboratory team is looking for ambitious, talented professionals who would be keen to join our Centre of Excellence and build their expertise with us.
Join the most successful international organization, a leader in the market!
Discover the world of Global R&D and challenge yourself to shape living for the better for millions of people worldwide.
REGULAR DAY AT WORK:
You will be responsible for ensuring the testing of key functionality and safety, compliance with technical standards (internal/external) and providing improvement proposals. Your duties will be as follows:
• Validate specifications and ensure testing as required on:
• Thermal safety for cooking products according to internal/external standards, including preparation of relevant documentation – where applicable
• Energy consumption
• Cooking performance
• Noise level – where applicable
• EMC – where applicable
• Environmental impact where is applicable
• Components/product reliability/Lifetime
• Components performance
• Materials (. surface clean ability…)
• Support Platform or technology teams & Product Care in relevant testing, validation
• Provide improvement proposals to Platforms or Technology development
• Participate in concept development
• Ensure proper maintenance of testing equipment according to ISO9001
• Ensures alignment on test methodologies with other organizations in Global R&D Food Preparation
• Support the timely delivery of assigned R&D projects / new products in collaboration with Platform Leaders.
• Participate in Project Teams
• Participate in FMEA’s (Failure Mode and Effects Analysis)
• When necessary, support the introduction and ramp-up of new models designed by the R&D Department into production (whether directly or indirectly involved)
• Additional Responsibilities where applicable
• May supervise and mentor other engineers, technicians or interns as required on a project or task basis and is involved in knowledge transfer within the organization or to relevant staff
• Creates maintains and controls project schedules in relation to evaluation or prototype requirements
• Works with internal or external consultants, suppliers and manufacturers to develop and manufacture electronic, electrical or mechanical components and assemblies for prototype evaluation or concept studies.
• Ensure alignment on test methodologies with external authority labs
• To track national standard updating and new national standard creation, ensure to have the test capability according to the update/new standards, and suggest R & D Product Care team if the product design to be changed in compliance with the new/updated standards.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
We are looking for the following skills, attributes, and experience
• Technical University degree, preferably chemical, petrochemical or related
• Proficient with PC-based software including Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Lotus Notes
• Ability to apply own detailed understanding of typical testing methodologies (DoE, statistical methodologies, CFD, Weibull analysis…) to the evaluation process
• Experience with developing and documenting procedures
• Relevant experience working with gas / electric systems available for laboratory purpose
• Strong, effective organizational skills required; detail oriented; ability to multitask
• Practical problem-solving skills with a strong sense of applied engineering both mechanical and electrical. This should include the ability to make mechanical and electrical modifications to test samples or appliances; fault-finding; understanding of electrical wiring and circuit diagrams
• Medium level English
Skills that can be useful in your daily job
• Familiarity with product development processes
• FMEA knowledge is an advantage
• Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques
• Proven experience in a testing and evaluation facility
• Knowledge of authority approval to:
o Asia Pacific: CCC(for China), AN/NZS(for Australia and New Zealand)
o EMEA:EN, IEC standards and environmental rules
o LA: IEC, Specific Standards for LA countries NA:ANSI,UL,CSA
• Programming skills: C,C++,C#, Java or any other programming language knowledge can come useful in your daily job
• Networker. You are able to work in a matrix organization, building strong and valid relationships with all the functions in a global organization.
• Proactive. You take initiative, are creative, open minded and adaptable in a fast changing environment
• Good Planner. You have strong organizational and planning skills, ideally with some experience in project management
• Precise. You have a high level of attention to detail
• Good communication skills, especially in the English language, both written and oral. You are skilled in technical writing
• Collaborative. You work well as part of a team and individually in a global organizational setup
• Willing to travel. You have a valid driver’s license and passport is necessary
We are waiting for you to join our team and see your work being materialized in the products that we create, shaping living for the better.