The Junior Software Engineer will act as a technical point of contact in Loxon’s projects in the banking industry and will perform most of the activity in projects around 2 Oracle solutions:
1) OBIEE (Oracle Business Intelligence – Enterprise Edition) used as a reporting tool
2) OFSAA (Oracle Financial Services Analytical Applications) it is a suite of applications designed specifically for banks, focusing on the Analysis and Enterprise Performance Management.
The main responsibilities are:
· Creation of virtualized environments: Vmware (Esx, Workstation), Virtualbox
· Installation and configuration of Windows/Linux operating systems
· Installation and configuration of ORACLE databases
· Installation and (minimal) configuration of Web servers: Oracle WebLogic, IBM Websphere, Apache Tomcat
· Installation, configuration and maintenance of OFSAA environment
· Installation, configuration and maintenance of OBIEE environment
· Cooperating with Oracle Support for solving issues found during project implementations
· Administration of OFSAA datamodel in Erwin tool
· Technical support for the office: tasks related to server administration, network administration, user devices (laptops, phones) and peripherals (printers, …)
Good to know:
· Development of SQL and PL/SQL code
· PL/SQL debugging for reported issues
Specific qualifications on this position:
· Education: student in terminal year or graduate from a technical university (Informatics, Engineering, Cybernetics or similar studies); also, a plus will be considered to be enrolled to master studies in the same field.
· Advanced level of English (writing, reading, speaking).
· Travel: since most of the technical work is done through VPN, very few times per project (in average 3-4 days) might be required to travel outside Romania (including Middle East countries).
· Basic knowledge of using Windows/UNIX environments;
· Familiar with virtualized environments;
· Basic knowledge of Internet protocols and computer networking technologies;
· Good experience working with relational databases and good SQL knowledge;
· Good investigation/troubleshooting abilities;
· Familiar with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio);
· Using of email applications;
· Understand IT solutions used in banks.
· Excellent communication skills;
· Able to work in stressful project environment, under deadlines;
·“Proactive” style of work, taking initiatives and developing the knowledge base;
· Willing to share the knowledge with other team members;
· Like to travel.
Place of residence: Bucharest