Cegeka currently has an exciting opportunity for a Junior Java developer to join our office in Iasi. We work in a multi-national, distributed environment using Agile methodology (SCRUM) and XP Practices.
Cegeka uses Agile software development as an approach to deliver the highest value to the customer - we work in intense and close cooperation with the customer. You’ll be working in an established and proven Agile environment, with quality-oriented developers.
We are currently working on a number of interesting projects in Belgium and Romania in the Finance, Banking, Health and Sales sectors and want to extend our team to support new and existing projects. Our development stack is usually based on Spring, JPA, REST services and frontend technologies. These can of course differ from client to client.
We’re looking to expand our office in Iasi so we’re looking for new colleagues to join our team. You will be part of a Belgian-Romanian dynamic distributed team and be involved in design and implementation activities in existing projects and new ones as well.
- Develop new features on enterprise projects
- Maintain and improve functionality on our existing software products
- Follow team coding standards and best practices
- Collaborate in a small, experienced, energetic team on a rapid, agile development schedule
- Participate in learning events
- More than 1 year professional experience with Java and JavaEE
- Good knowledge of Java and some of the following Web and database technologies: Spring/EJB, JPA, JTA, REST, JMS, JDBC
- Knowledge of OO design, including design patterns
- Experience with refactoring and test driven development is a plus
Core Values Required:
- Positive attitude
- Willing to learn and improve
- Good problem-solving skills
- Flexible to different technologies and projects
What we offer:
- Flexible working environment within a dynamic team
- We leave you room to balance your work and private life - 22 days as annual vacation + additional vacation days according to the internal policies
- Access to various training programs (soft and hard skills trainings, according to the internal policies)
- Continous learning and improvement activities (reading groups, guildes, video sessions on Pluralsight, events: process related-Agile/Scrum/Kanban, coding oriented TDD Kata)
- Private medical subscription (you can choose from 2 providers)
- Meal tickets
- Free Gym Subscription - fitness, aerobic, pool (according to internal policies)
- Massage within the company premises
- Team events (teambuildings, team hangouts, Christmas party, etc.)
- Relaxation room (foosball, darts, boardgames, X-box)
- Long term career development programs
- Being part of a growing organization with Belgian roots