Junior Data Engineer / Data Warehouse Developer
Entry (0-2 ani), Middle (2-5 ani)
Salariu brut pe luna
1400 - 1600
Who we are?
Studyportals is the biggest educational search platform globally - and we are looking to expand our team! Our challenge is to build, adapt, and create the biggest education search platform, bringing absolute transparency and reliability to international higher education. By understanding the student journey in and out, we’re building a platform that is valuable to students and agile to the demands of international education.
Think about what Google does as an online search engine. Think about what BestJobs does for online job searching. Studyportals is also a search engine, but this time for higher education degrees. So, if you want to find your dream study, this is where it happens; and your job is all about making sure students looking for a university education can get all the information they need about worldwide university programmes.
Who you are?
If you are always looking for better, unique, more efficient ways to do things and you are passionate about big data then this is the job for you!
Handling complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from different sources using a variety of tools and data structuring methods. As a Data Engineer your primary focus will be applying data warehousing and data mining techniques to facilitate the management and analysis of the data on our platforms, thus improving the quality of the information we provide to students.
- At least one year experience in SQL Databases (PostgreSQL is a plus)
- Experience with Data Warehousing, ETL, Reporting and Analytics
- Experience with Amazon AWS or other on demand cloud computing platforms is a plus
- Analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information.
- Knowledge of Python or other programming languages is a plus
- Proactive, autonomous person who can travel to our office in The Netherlands
- Study / Work Abroad Experience is a plus: it is vital that you truly understand what information international students are looking for from an international experience
- Very good written/spoken communication skills in English
- The opportunity to join an international company with 35+ nationalities
- Private medical clinic subscription
- Bonus opportunity based on performance
- Meal tickets
- A work laptop
- 25 holidays per year
- Coffee, tea, and snacks on the house
- A fabulous new office in downtown Bucharest, 10 mins from Unirii Subway station; the office is a beautiful Villa only for us and it even has a gym & showers
- A great company environment that is serious about having fun with everything we do, including frequent memorable team events
- The opportunity to make our world a little better and be at the core of the growth phase of a study choice giant that the European market is desperately waiting for.