Java Technical Lead / Junior Architect
Middle (2-5 ani), Senior (5-10 ani)
- Very good knowledge of design patterns and Java Core;
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience as Java developer, demonstrated high level of programming skills in Java;
- Experience in software architecture and design;
- Good problem solving abilities and detail orientation;
- Due to the complexity of the system, exceptional technical skills are a required;
- A proven background of solving complex technical challenges with robust, decoupled and scalable solutions;
- Good oral and written communication skills in English;
- Experience as a team lead is a plus;
- A BSc degree in Computer Science, MSc is a plus.
- Experience authoring and consuming REST services;
- Experience authoring ‘contract first’ SOAP services;
- Experience consuming SOAP services and a grounding in the practice of mutual authentication;
- Ability to quickly learn new APIs and libraries for which external assistance may limited or for which documentation may be sparse.
The Spring Framework with particular reference to:
- Spring Transactions;
- Spring ORM plus other Data Access alternatives;
- Spring AOP;
- Spring Web/MVC;
- Spring Security;
- Spring Web Services.
3. Third Party Services & APIs
- Google Maps Web Services API;
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, RDS, DynamoDb, Lambda, AWS API Gateway, Kinesis, Simple Queue Service, Simple Notificaiton Service)
- Servlet Containers (Tomcat, Jetty etc);
The successful application will be expected to
- Take a technical leadership role in Cluj, providing architectural and technical oversight to the customer’s team on day-to-day issues;
- Managing and resolving defects;
- Implementing API’s;
- Overseeing requirements for Customer Roadmap Epics;
- Developing and initiating good software development practices;
- Promote a culture of commitment to code quality and automated testing;
- Help lead a migration to serverless architecture;
- Bring experience on Continuous Integration practices;
- Provide support to the Senior Architect on Customer Projects, Product development roadmap;
- Work with and motivate a team of peers;
- Collaborate with the UK-based management team, acting as their technical representative in the team;
- Collaborate with Business Team located in the Cluj office.
While the job will be located in Cluj-Napoca, the successful candidate will be required to spend the first 6 months in London, working directly with the Senior Architect and Business Owners of our customer. This is an essential apprenticeship to ensure the successful candidate can achieve a detailed, fast-track knowledge of the system and business at both a technical and cultural level.
During these 3-6 months the following will provided
- Suitable accommodation in London for the 3-6-month period;
- 1 return flight per month to Cluj-Napoca;
- The option to work 1 week out of every 4 from the ArtSoft Consult’s office in Cluj-Napoca.
As every person’s situation is different, we are open to discussion and negotiation about the exact terms with the right candidate.