Our client is an excellence software development center opened in Bucharest, and a key driver in the technology field, aimed to position our client group as the most agile global trade-credit partner in the industry.
Strategy and technology will be front-runners in order to deliver a full scale and consistent digital transformation that will empower company's people - representing 70 different nationalities - to provide business global coverage and innovative services to our customers. With a fast growing team of more than 80 highly skilled techs (. Java, .NET, PeopleSoft, Oracle), the company will master software development in all its aspect, using advanced and solid technologies, in a casual and agile working environment.
At this company everything we do revolves around people and business capable to provide first class services to our customer. It is the reason why our client invests to foster capabilities and motivation by:
- Attracting talented people;
- Training experts;
- Providing visibility on career prospects;
- Recognizing and rewarding performance
- Combining diversity and excellence
You'll be part of the talented software development team of our client, that is an Excellence Software Development Center opened in Bucharest and located in Globalworth Tower (Aurel Vlaicu). This position reports directly to the Tech/Team Lead, and mainly interfaces with BA, PM, and QA.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about software engineering, familiar with SDLC from preliminary system analysis to test and deployment, have full-stack capability, is eager to understand business and end-user, and is available for long-term commitment.
The role of the Software Developer - Java (J2EE) entails the following responsibilities:
- Design and engineer of high-performing, mission-critical, and scalable enterprise-grade applications.
- Write clean, efficient, and testable code.
- Ensure deliverable are in compliance with specifications
- Support for refactoring and architectural reviews
- Contribute in all phases of SDLC, including bug fixing and problems investigation
- Maintain high standard of software quality
- Package and support deployment of releases
- Participate in code reviews to ensure the implementation is maintainable, supportable, resilient and performing.
- Assist in the elaboration and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans.
Requirements and Competencies:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 2+ years of experience as a JAVA software developer;
- English (Mandatory)
- Proven hands-on experience with JAVA/J2EE, JPA, Hibernate, Oracle TopLink, JSF, JSP, Spring MVC, Struts, JAX-WS/JAX-RS
- Excellent knowledge of Oracle and PL/SQL
- Experience in the Spring Framework (Core and MVC)
- Know and understand build automation using Maven, Ant, Jenkins
- Hands-on experience with WebLogic/EJB
- Know-how and practice with JUnit
- Familiarity and practice with SOAP and RESTfull services
- Savvy on Windows and Linux development environments
- Nice to know: Eclipse, MongoDB, Caliber RM, Dimensions CM, HP ALM, UML
- Strong Oral and Written Communication
- Ability to estimate effort and schedule
- Experience with Design and Enterprise Patterns
- Extensive knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Vacation, Gift, and Meal Tickets
- Personal and Professional Development (Training and Certification)
- Gym Subscription and Medical Insurance (children included)
- Public Transportation Discount
- Monthly Short Friday
- Foosball and PS4
- Taking over project involves traveling to France at company headquarters in Bois-Colombe.
Why others chose this company:
- "Being an excellence center, this tech hub hired top developers which makes it an challenging and awesome place to work"
- "It feels like a cool startup, because the team is constantly growing and there's a lot of dynamics, but it offers the stability, benefits and career perspectives of the corporation it actually is."
- "The office space was picked and designed in a very IT-cool way ."
- "You get to travel"