ING is looking for a strong Java Developer who is technically passionate, solution-focused and able to design, develop, test and maintain high-quality software, while also leading a team of Engineers. As a Software Engineer:
• Work on the latest technologies with a strong focus on performance, large data sets and real-time analytics.
• Java 7/8
• In-memory OLAP hypercubes (ActivePivot technology)
• Implement and work with the latest tooling with a strong focus on performance, stability and security
• Design and develop automated unit, integration and regression tests.
• Transform business requirements into functional design, estimate and plan development with your team and the Product Owner.
We expect you to be responsible and take ownership. Be open, honest, communicate clearly (in scrum ceremonies and also outside) and most importantly be eager to learn and proactively improve, yourself, the team and the ecosystem around you. It is never stagnant and we are constantly on the lookout for innovative creative solutions and new ideas. Just like your colleagues, you aim for the highest quality.
Your key competencies:
• excellent team player in an international team, quality focused, service oriented, eager to learn.
• You are curious and understand the latest developments in the technical and financial services.
• You have a good understanding of banking in general or you are passionate about learning it. You are able to discuss with your stakeholders and product owner about features and stories and can translate these into software with real business value.
• You have a good understanding of Software Architecture.
• You have experience in Continuous Delivery.
What you bring to the team
• A University degree in Computer Science, Cybernetics or equivalent
• 2+ years of Java software engineering experience
• Knowledge of and experience with Java 7/8
• Experience in developing secure, performing and tested features
• Familiarity with tools like Confluence, JIRA, Fortify, Git, Jenkins, Maven
• Experience or affinity with IT Security concepts
• Good communication skills, in English and Romanian
• Strong analytical skills, proactivity and willingness to share knowledge with others
Nice to have
• Experience with working in an international organization and cross-border team
• Experience in Financial Markets or banking (concepts such as VaR, PnL, sensitivities, Market Risk)