The Java Developer will work as part of a team of developers that support the enhancement and maintenance of Java/J2EE-based ATG ecommerce platform. Application covers front facing websites, content management, customer support application, experience manager and payment systems. These positions require hands-on developers for both production support and new development.
- Provide design and implementation support on both new and existing custom development efforts
- Communicate with technical staff and various business clients to aide in the gathering of new requirements and to identify root cause of application issues
- Estimates tasks accurately
- Takes on new unfamiliar tasks
- Decomposes user stories into tasks
- Swarms with other scrum team members
- Swarming is working in small cross-functional groups to rapidly complete high priority tasks
- Provides timely status to the team
- Participates actively in the team
- Makes and meets commitments
- Participates in sprint meetings and activities
- 1year of hands-on experience with OOP or one of the following Java, C#/ C++
- Good understanding of how to implement web applications both back-end (Java) and front-end (HTML, CSS, JS, jQuery, JSP)
- Demonstrated proficiency of SQL Server/Oracle databases
- Experience using, setting up and maintaining Virtual Box development environments (nice to have).
Qualifications: Bachelor Degree in Computer Science.
- Good general technical engineering skills, strong technical aptitude – self learner
- Multi task, desire and flexibility to be involved in multiple projects, self-motivating
- Strong interpersonal skills, team-player, focused on productivity
- Excellent English and communication skills
About AMERICAN GREETINGS:
American Greetings is a creator and manufacturer of innovative social expression products that assist consumers in enhancing their relationships to create Happiness, Laughter and Love.
American Greetings’ major greeting card lines are American Greetings, Carlton Cards, Gibson, Recycled Paper Greetings and Papyrus. We also own large web collections of greetings on the Web ,
Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, American Greetings has offices worldwide in Canada, UK - Europe, Australia, Asia and generates annual revenue of approximately $ billion.
The Bucharest Office is one of AG’s IT Centers that offers support for the Corporation Teams in the Data warehouse, System Engineering, QA Automation Engineering, Web & Mobile Development arias.
We are a young, ambitious and dynamic team, growing together with the company through high trainings offered by our specialists in a variety of technologies across all platforms:
Join US, and you’ll discover a place where work becomes fun! We are in Cotroceni Business Center – close to Politechnica University and AFI.