Join us in developing a digital advertising solution for one of our clients, featured in the most popular publications in the UK.
The platform that you will work on, is a holiday ecommerce application that manages holiday packages and promotions.
It has a tremendous success, with millions of hits, registering a record number of sales.
This means you will have to build a platform that has to manage high volumes of data, and integrates with mobile applications and payment providers.
You will be part of a distributed team, with colleagues in Romania and the UK.
Here are some things about the way we run things
At Cegeka we believe IT is all about business. We focus on providing tangible business value and measurable results.
Our projects are spread across different domains ranging from telecommunications, health, social media, finance, real estate, to machine learning and many others.
We work Agile, using SCRUM and Kanban methodologies, as well as XP practices, including Pair programming, Test Automation, continuous integration, incremental delivery. You will be part of an established and proven quality-oriented environment.
What you will be working on
- Rewrite and build new functionality
- Perform in-depth technical analysis
- Identify the root cause, taking into consideration the complexity and impact on the overall product
- Make sure that the provided solution addresses the issue, preventing others to come-up
- Sync and align with team coding standards and practices
- Lead/mentor and share knowledge
- Be an active team member in the Agile team and constantly look for ways to deliver better value to the customer
What you need to succeed
- Experience with Java/Spring for APIs and full stack web applications, also MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Cloud architectures – Load balancing, ‘elastic’ servers, caching - Redis
Once on board we offer various programs and benefits
- Complete training plan for entering our company and our team including training on the project, both from a technical perspective as well a functional one as well as trainings in Agile process & tools
- Time and budget for training as part of the annual training initiative
- Wide range of learning activities focused towards continuous learning: reading groups, PluralSight video training, internal and external events
- Headquarters in the center of Bucharest (Victoriei Square)
- Flexible working environment
- 22 days as annual vacation + additional vacation days according to the internal policies
- Private medical subscription, you can choose from 2 providers
- Meal tickets
- Free Gym Subscription- fitness, aerobic, pool (according to internal policies)
- Massage within the company premises
- Team events (team buildings, team hangouts, Christmas party, etc.)
- Relaxation room (foosball, darts, board games, X-box)