Senior (5-10 ani)
Engleză - Avansat
Acest anunt este inactiv, însă puteți trimite în continuare CV-ul Dvs. la aceasta companie
Reporting to: Head API Data Delivery.
Department name: Data Engineering.
Key Goal: Responsible for building and maintaining the codebase that powers both our customer APIs as well as internal service APIs.
YOU will work from our Bucharest office while collaborating with the Global MassMutual teams and provide support in the data integration services area.
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated software engineer with a passion to learn new technologies and to become an expert in API delivery and event driven architecture (BEM, Kafka).
As we grow and scale our organization to deliver more services, we have to manage technical debt that we have, and improve uptime of our current APIs. This role will be in a squad that will drive tech debt remediation of multiple APIs as well as support strategic initiatives to build these services. The team will also eventually be responsible for Production Support and members will be required to be on call during user peak time. The squad will be the driving force of ensuring quality is maintained and APIs maintain the required uptime.
This is a role for engineers that are familiar with standard web back-end architecture and capable in database design and interaction. You will be working closely with the team in U. S. A to understand the functional needs of their product requirements, developing new code to solve new problems, as well as maintaining existing code to squash bugs. Our API platform is under constant load and scrutiny, so experience and commitment to easily understood and tested code is also a key part of the role.
- Build and maintain APIs & Kafka Integrations:
- Supporting on premise and cloud platform environments such as AWS.
- Develop, integrate and test run time execution of APIs.
- Analyze performance requirements and performance of current APIs and actively remediate tech debt with those.
- Assist in production setup, monitoring and roll out to partners.
- Active “developer on call” to support maintenance and issue remediation of the APIs:
- Debugging existing software and correcting defects.
- Contribute to the conceptual and physical design of application integration using APIs and events.
- Integrating existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments.
- Writing or reviewing software system documentation and ability to share knowledge is a must.
- Be able to “debug” a code; critically think to highlight where issues are coming from.
- Java Web applications.
- RESTful Services.
- Java Message Service (JMS).
- Spring Framework knowledge and experience.
- Experience with design/prototyping.
- At least 1 year of experience in developing REST services using Java or Node. js
- Able to implement processes and troubleshoot to continue to improve operational stability.
- DevOps experience and API Management Suite experience, both represent a plus.
- Experience and understanding of Kubernetes (preferred).
- Experience with GitHub or GitLab.
- Experience with generating technical documentation.
- Experience using with Jira and Confluence.
- Agile Methodology - comfortable working in a scrum environment.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Business Information Systems or equivalent educational or professional experience, and/or qualifications with at least 2-5 years of experience in software development.
- Learner - shouldn’t be shy to learn any new technology.
- Quality Focused - should believe in code quality and be able to highlight challenges/issues with current code.
- Shift left mentality - i. e. quality is owned by the team rather than just a QA tester.
- Clear and effective communication skills - verbal and written.
- Critical Thinking - ability to dive into a problem, dig in to help SDETs and then pull up as needed.
- Ability to visualize the flow of data through a complex application is critical to your success, and to the team.
- Competitive salary;
- The opportunity to build alongside our colleagues the Romania IT HUB!
- Maternity / Paternity leave because family matters the most;
- Free access to < LinkedIn eLearning> platform to be informed upon the latest trends in the industry!
- 25 vacation days to recharge yourself!
- Transportation allowance to make your way to work smoother;
- Flexible working policy, 2 days work at the office (optional for now) & 3 days working from home to do your agenda as you consider;
- Meal Vouchers, not to work on an empty stomach:)!
- Health Insurance to be safe!
- Life Insurance to stay safe;
- Company paid mobile phone;