The ITSM Tools Administrator with ITIL will be responsible for implementing and maintaining the middleware infrastructure for American Greetings, using applications like IBM Tivoli Network Monitoring, Solarwinds, Service Now and others. He will work closely with the HW infrastructure and applications teams to ensure that proper triggers and call routing is enabled for the different alerts and process steps.
Essential duties & responsibilities:
- Supporting and Maintaining monitoring tools like IBM Tivoli, Solarwinds.
- Troubleshooting endpoints/Agents
- Adding new servers to monitoring environment
- Removing Decommission servers from monitoring Adding/Removing users
- Configuring new endpoints/Agents
- Changing threshold in KPIs as requested
- Auto ticketing and alert mapping
- Provide operational support for Tivoli services on a 24x7 rotation/on-call basis.
- Provide support for the delivery to production of infrastructure projects, operational projects and application development projects, ensuring suitable ongoing support and maintenance.
- Develop and document processes, detailing many functions and accountabilitie
- Experience using UNIX scripting commands such as ksh and perl.
- Innovative mindset with a proven problem solving skills.
- Adequate Knowledge of UNIX/LINUX/Windows Platforms and proven fundamentals
- Good knowledge of application layer protocols (SNMP, HTTP, SMTP, DNS, DHCP)
- Experience with network troubleshooting and monitoring tools (Solarwinds);
- Experience with ITNM, Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus
- Knowledge of Syslog protocol
- Knowledge of Wireless protocols, standards and security;
- Voice Communications exp. (VoIP) Cisco Voice a big plus;
- Experience with Microsoft technologies (Windows 7)
- Basic understanding of Security Technologies: IPSec, UTM, DDos, etc.
- Basic knowledge of Virtualization tools (VMware)
- Basic knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Knowledge of C, Python, shell script, Perl is a Plus
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent.
- English is a must – excellent written and verbal communication skills
- years work experience
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent troubleshooting and organizational skills;
- Good working in a high pressure computer operations environment;
- Positive customer service and team attitude (helping others when required)
- Ability to communicate effectively with all job levels, both written and verbal
- Committed to continual improvement
About American Greetings
American Greetings is a creator and manufacturer of innovative social expression products that assist consumers in enhancing their relationships to create Happiness, Laughter and Love.
American Greetings’ major greeting card lines are American Greetings, Carlton Cards, Gibson, Recycled Paper Greetings and Papyrus. We also own large web collections of greetings on the Web ,
Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, American Greetings has offices worldwide in Canada, UK - Europe, Australia, Asia and generates annual revenue of approximately $ billion.
The Bucharest Office is one of AG’s IT Centers that offers support for the Corporation Teams in the Data warehouse, System Engineering, QA Automation Engineering, Web & Mobile Development arias.
We are a young, ambitious and dynamic team, growing together with the company through high trainings offered by our specialists in a variety of technologies across all platforms:
- Oracle, SQL, Informatica, Teradata, ETL, Unix/Shell Scripting, QlikView – Data Warehouse;
- Linux, Microsoft Windows - Active Directory, Exchange, VM-Ware – System Admin;
- Avalanche, JMeter, SeleniumQA Automation and much more.
Join US, and you’ll discover a place where work becomes fun! We are in Cotroceni Business Center – close to Politechnica University and AFI.
To know us better, please access our web pages