Job Summary & Responsibilities
- responsible for 2nd level support activities within Ericsson Global Services Center Romania;
- area of responsibility: IT platforms in mobile telecommunications environment located in customer data centers
- performs the regular operation and maintenance - corrective and prevention tasks - on the operating systems ( eg. Unix & Windows ), databases and application to ensure that the systems perform within the agreed service levels.
- deals on o a daily basis with: system/hardware failures, hanged processes, scripts not having desired output due to connectivity errors or unexpected network changes, application errors, data flows troubleshooting etc.
- creates new bash scripts, troubleshoots or adapts the ways of working in order to improve the functionality and the prevention activities.
Minimum 3 years of experience for in the following areas:
- IT systems, backup solutions, monitoring systems (. Nagios, Veritas Backup)
- Linux/Unix based and Windows administration
- Basic networking and routing (CISCO courses represents an advantage)
- Technical support environment, working with tickets, priorities, Service Level Agreements, on-call duty one week per month.
Nice to have requirements:
- Mobile telecommunication systems knowledge
- Radio & Core network architecture knowledge
- POSIX (bash, perl, SQL scripting, Windows batch scripting)
- Database administration basic knowledge (Oracle, Sybase, MySQL, MS SQL, MS Access)
- Knowledge of Network or Element Management Systems from various vendors like Huawei, Nokia-Alcatel, Ericsson, ZTE, HP
- Administration or user experience with Performance Management Systems (data processing, parsing, database loading and export / visualization)
- University degree (Polytechnics represents an advantage)
- Technical certifications
- Fluent English (spoken and written)
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Availability for traveling abroad, occasionally
- Ability to work within a global, remote workforce
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Available for on-call duty