This position provides the first and second level of support to end users by handling service requests that have been escalated by Help Desk, stores or HQ end users.
Support will be provided onsite, remotely, over the phone, or via e-mail.
The job requires developing solutions for network, desktop, and server problems.
We look for a candidate with the ability to analyze existing systems and make proactive recommendations for fixing or improvements.
The job assumes maintenance and implementing of all systems, applications, and networking configurations for stores and HQ.
- Filters Help Desk tickets and provides basic support and troubleshooting, such as printer configurations, tills support, fiscal printer’s troubleshooting, PDA’s, iPod’s, iPad’s, labeling printer or any other IT device configuration and troubleshooting.
- Evaluates existing systems and/or user needs to analyze, recommend, and implement system changes.
- Troubleshoots network performance.
- Ticket routing and escalation to next level.
- Maintains a log of completed work using an incident-tracking application.
- Escalading by e-mail or call to outside vendor maintenance as needed.
- Gathers and analyzes information about the store or user’s issue and determines the best way to resolve their problem.
- Recommends upgrades, patches, and new applications and equipment.
- Must provide support for identified issues where configuration solutions have already been documented.
- University Degree, in Computing is a plus.
- A minimum of 2 years computer and network troubleshooting experience.
- Advanced knowledge of current Microsoft desktop operating systems.
- Advanced knowledge of computer and server hardware.
- Basic knowledge with Active Directory, to be able to create and do user and computer management.
- Basic knowledge with network troubleshooting.
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL, VPN, routing, firewall, VoIP system is a plus.
- Familiarity with monitoring software like Zabbix, Nagios or any other alternatives.
- Professional customer service skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate in English.
- Ability to work in an environment providing 24x7x365 support.
- Indefinite duration employment contract
- Motivating salary
- Medical assurance