The Information Technology Department of Ubisoft Romania is looking for an IT Manager for the Online Infrastructure team.
You will manage a team of Administrators involved in online games infrastructure projects.
You will work in a multinational company producing video games and your team members will be located in several countries in Europe.
· Manage all people management activities: team development and motivation, performance reviews, training needs analysis and training programme planning, recruitments, conflict management, travels etc.
· Supervise and ensure successful delivery of tasks allocated to your team:
o Supervise completeness of deliverables and quality on tasks
o Facilitate the correct prioritization of tasks
o Developing and maintaining a balanced capacity management of entire EMEA staff
o Identify, track, and manage the skillset portfolio within the team
o Ensure usage of organizational processes and tools to manage delivery quality
o Provide direction to team members within the latitude of established policies and know when to break the policies
· Maintain portfolio planning and ensure appropriate staffing according to the demands of the business, the Project and Account Managers, Lead Architect and Directors
· Ensure appropriate operational support for titles
· Work with the Service Director and the Associate Director to manage the staff workload;
· Responsible for monitoring and/or directly managing escalations
· Regularly interact cross functionally at a senior level with senior management and/or executives to ensure team objectives are met
· Lead and contribute to projects driving continuous process improvement initiatives; propose new processes, tools and policies
· Coach, mentor and develop staff within your team, and act as a positive influence in the wider organisation
· At least 10 years of experience in IT within a large organization
· At least 5 years of experience managing senior IT staff
· At least 3 years of experience managing remote teams
The ideal candidate:
· Has high standards for himself and his team
· Has strong people management and communication skills
· Has abilities to make decisions quickly and excels in organization skills
· Has technical background on IT infrastructure
· Has a good understanding of project management practices and frameworks
· Focuses on clients’ needs, being able to multi-task and prioritize
· Is comfortable addressing and overcoming ambiguity
· Is proactive and autonomous
· Has a positive approach and works well within a team
· Must be fluent in English (French is a strong advantage)
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs.
Ubisoft Romania is the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. The Romanian adventure, which began in 1992 has turned into an exciting success story where Production, Test and Information Technology Department are its driving force.
Come and join our team of over 1650 professionals and help us create highly appreciated interactive entertainment products!