Middle (2-5 ani), Senior (5-10 ani)
1 Strada Siemens, Timișoara
Are you willing to work in a young and motivated team? Are you already an expert or would you like to develop your skills in one of our main IT areas –SAP Consultancy, IT Infrastructure, Applications Development & Support?
Then Continental IT Center Europe is the place for you!
With more than 100 specialists in IT Center Europe we are offering challenging projects, a great team to work in and various possibilities to develop your expertise by learning new and complex business processes, systems and tools.
Part of the IT Infrastructure department, the Client Services Team is offering 3rd level support and project work for the standard client operating systems used in Continental – Windows 7, Windows XP and Linux. The client team is responsible for defining and implementing standards for imaging, deployment and management of all Windows 7, Windows XP and Linux clients in Continental worldwide.
As a Linux Expert in our Global Workplace Team, you will be mainly involved in:
- design, configure and maintain Continental's global Linux Client environment (based on Ubuntu )
- design, implement and maintain Continental's Linux Client infrastructure (based on Docker, Puppet, Landscape and UCM)
- project coordination, work and project related tasks related to Linux in the Workplace team
- develop, maintain, support and enhance packages for the global Linux Client
- perform internal package testing, package distribution and deployment, production support, and full package documentation for global Linux Client packages
- responsible for operational tasks & documentation within the Linux area
- 3rd level support tasks for Linux Client related topics
- knowledge management and knowledge transfer to local IT Administrator community
- Computer Science or equivalent studies (Bachelor's Degree)
- Willingness and ability to work in a global distributed team
- Minimum 3 years experience in Client area- Expert in Linux (Ubuntu, Fedora)
- Experience with packaging on Linux- Knowledge of Linux Server environments
- Good knowledge of configuration and deployment tools (Puppet, Landscape)
- Good knowledge of scripting (Bash, Perl, Ruby)
- Good knowledge of network infrastructure, Active Directory
- Good knowledge of client hypervisors (VMware Player)
- Fluent in English (additional knowledge of German language a plus)
- Integration Program in a professional, young & dynamic team
- Competitive Salaries (based on performance) & Benefits
- Health & Wellness (Private Health and Dental Insurance, Sport activities etc.)
- Professional Development Opportunities (in Technical and Managerial Area)
- International Work Environment & Traveling Opportunities
Like to drive with us? This way to our high-performance team:
Continental Automotive Romania .
300704 Timisoara, Romania