IT Business Analyst - Software & Electronics
At Delphi, we're about the art of the possible. We make it possible to solve our customers' toughest challenges. And now we are taking bold steps to do even more. We recently announced that Delphi will spin-off its Powertrain Division, which includes our Aftermarket business, into an independent company by March 2O18. The new company will be a Top 50 - Tier 1 automotive entity with $ in annual revenue, over 20K employees, with operations in 24 countries and conducting business with customers in over 15O countries.
As a standalone company, Powertrain will be better positioned for continued growth, with the ability to develop more focused and distinct business models, and with flexibility to pursue our different strategic plans to capitalize on industry trends.
Join our team as we embark on this exciting transition and become an independent company with a passionate focus on innovative technologies and a commitment to make green possible.
The Business Analyst - Software and Electronics advises and supports the business on technology innovations and solutions in one or more business process and/or information domains. Works globally within the Solution Delivery team and reports directly to appointed Manager PT and AM.
- Support IT innovations in the Embedded Software and Electronics Design business domain in close cooperation with business representatives.
- Use current knowledge of business and technology to recommend systems and process improvements to increase the value of insights generated
- Gather and documents business requirements; analyze and identify business problems and constraints
- Translate non-technical requirements into IT requirements; write user stores, functional specifications and acceptance criteria
- Maintain business process information; supports software licenses management for the applications of the business domain assigned
- Assess the business impact of critical problems to reduce risks with respect to business continuity and informs stakeholders about the appropriate risk mitigation that needs to be taken
- Support business case development with the business to justify new initiatives, innovations and projects.
- Contribute to lessons learned and the continuous improvement of IT from a business perspective
- Conduct events and workshops to encourage understanding in the business about IT opportunities.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in the Engineering, Computer science or a comparable course of studies
- Work experience in a company developing and manufacturing products
- 3 years BA or similar role, documenting requirements and proposing technical solutions for complex business problems
- Experience leading requirements gathering sessions and documenting business requirements;
- Proven ability to learn Embedded Software and Electronics Design applications, processes, and procedures
- Ability to create constructive relationships, influence, and communicate to multiple stakeholders, including client management, IT management, and non-technical staff
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Fluent in English
Benefits include meal vouchers, gift vouchers, referral award, increased vacation days, support for medical plan, work from home 1 day / week, time off for special family events