Are you dynamic, a keen innovator, a trend setter, or a disruptive thinker? Then Kellogg Europe is the place for you because at Kellogg’s we focus on agility, growth and innovation.
As the number one most trusted food and drink brand in the UK and the 3rd most reputable food and drink brand in Europe we have much to be proud of. We have a huge portfolio of over 1,600 tasty foods which includes iconic brands such as Corn Flakes, Special K, Pringles, and Crunchy Nut.
We also believe that our competitive advantage comes from our people. We say it often, because it is true. Our K Values are part of our DNA -we are a company with a heart and soul, and our people care just as much. Our talented teams are encouraged to bring their best selves to work each day.
Kellogg is a diverse Employer, a gold member of the Lead Network, dedicated to meaningfully accelerate gender parity and drive inclusion in the European retail & FMCG value chain and committed to reaching 50:50 gender representation for all Leadership level roles by 2025.
Flexible working will mean different things to you based on your personal needs, the requirements of your role and how this supports you in achieving your goals at both work and home. We offer a range of options to work flexibly and conversations about flexible working are welcomed so please feel free to discuss at your interview.
We are also hugely committed to the communities that we work in and strive to give back as our founder did - you’ll see this in the school breakfast clubs programme and volunteering activities that we encourage all our employees to participate in.
A career with us is exciting. Our modern and collaborative workspace and inclusive culture at our office in Bucharest reflects that.
Apply and come join our team!
HERE’S A TASTE OF WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
• Anticipate business requirements in an every changing environment where baseline plans are subject to modification, anticipating requirements that will be needed in the future or that have not yet been considered
• Gain full understanding of data collection system and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality
• Identify cross-functional trends through data analysis, coordinating resources required to address continuous improvement opportunities which could deliver million dollar level project recommendations for savings across KNA
• Translate business requirements into technical requirements through the use of powerful analysis and modeling tools to match strategic business objectives with practical solutions
• Work closely with management to prioritize business and information needs
• Identify and communicate key business opportunities, creating impactful visual representations of data insights to aid understanding that will enable customers less familiar with data analysis and technology to easily interpret insights and approve recommendations.
• Develop effective business ad-hoc reporting, through consultation with stakeholders, that aligns and supports the GBS strategy of Service Excellence and Performance Feedback
• Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and providing ongoing reports
• Partner with IT on identifying and suggesting areas of improvement on technology to support analysis objectives
YOUR RECIPE FOR SUCCESS
• Bachelor’s degree
• 4 years of experience in a related field
• Demonstrate work experience as a data analyst with experience in SQL, database management, large dataset management and automation.
• Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing large datasets
• Ability to identify and communicate key business opportunities through data analysis, creating impactful visual representations of data
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
• Highly proficient computer skills, including experience with ERP systems, and MS Office
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Adept at queries, report writing and presenting finds to drive results
• Strong negotiation and decision making skills
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Solid time management skills
• Sense of urgency and ownership of resolution, meeting established performance objectives and customer commitments
• Strong collaboration and influencing skills and ability to partner with key internal/external customer to drive change & continuous improvement
• Language skills: English (advanced level)
It’s best to apply today, because job postings can be taken down and we wouldn’t want you to miss this opportunity.
THE FINER PRINT
Please note that we will only accept applications that are made to us via our Careers site.
If you experience any difficulty when applying please contact
Please note that the closing date may be subject to change. We will interview suitable candidates as they apply, so please don’t hesitate to take this opportunity to submit your application as soon as possible.
If you would like to be immediately notified of new Kellogg's opportunities, please go to ‘Create or access my profile’ and complete the information required in the ‘Job Alerts’ section. You will then receive email alerts as soon as new jobs are advertised.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, trans identity, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.