Infrastructure Middleware Engineer
Senior (5-10 ani), Middle (2-5 ani)
Bulevardul General Vasile Milea, București
Acest job nu mai este activ.
Worldpay is an international leader in payments processing technology servicing all types of businesses – big and small, online and traditional retail outlets. Worldpay became a public company in 2015, listing on the FTSE 100, and is a member of the London Stock Exchange. Worldpay’s global footprint sets them apart with more than 5000 colleagues in 25 locations worldwide.
Worldpay has a long-standing partnership with Endava and the partnership will continue beyond a talent pool to create a Fintech hub in Bucharest. The hub will create a wealth of skills and technical capability in one of the fastest growing cities in Romania.
The Fintech hub is meant to create a new high-caliber location for Group Technology and Engineering (GTE). GTE is structured around the design, build and maintenance of innovative systems, products and services. GTE works in partnership with customer-facing teams to innovate and build reliable and secure products and services across many industries.
Purpose of Role:
The MQ Middleware Engineer is required to:
- Provide hands on engineering for Worldpay’s new MQ and Websphere Message Broker based system, including security and creation of operational best practice.
- Lead detailed specification including defining and modifying MQ configurations such as queues, listener ports, channels, pub/sub, etc
- Provide business and product support in large UNIX & Windows environment – creating Linux scripts and configuring file transfer jobs using Connect Direct.
- Provide Design support where necessary covering core infrastructure and capacity for VMWare, X86, Linux, Storage, Networks, Databases, Firewalls and user access (Oracle IAM/AD).
- Consult and oversee delivery issues of core infrastructure in test and production environments.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- To provide engineering leadership and be accountable for the development, maintenance, communication and implementation of IBM MQ & IIB systems in one, or more: major projects or IT programmes; significant global infrastructure technology domains;
- Monitor execution and performance of messaging applications. Propose tuning adjustments (both application and environment) modifications as appropriate.
- Administration, Maintenance, Deployment, and Integration including Installation and Configuration of WebSphere MQ
- Responsible for the low level infrastructure design of one or more projects or programmes, where required.
- Liaise with the relevant IT domains, the business and external suppliers to assist the project manager in the delivery and integration of the components (application and infrastructure) into the final infrastructure solution.
- To be a trusted source of infrastructure expertise and pro-actively provide engineering leadership and guidance to projects, 3rd party partners and infrastructure domains in their planning and project development lifecycle including: Provision of initial costs, resource estimates, timelines, plans and assumptions, using standard project processes and contribution to feasibility studies, concepts and business cases; Contributing to process improvement initiatives and working towards achieving best practice for GTE.
- To implement and operate the technology governance framework in order to assess all projects and initiatives for ‘fit’ against the GTE technology strategy, architecture and policies, working to resolve non-conformance with the project.
- To liaise and interface with project managers, enterprise architects, solution architects, infrastructure domains and where relevant the business to ensure that Infrastructure Design supports future GTE technology strategy, business strategy and project requirements across all WorldPay business divisions.
- To contribute to the preparation and delivery of briefings and presentations for the GTE Executive, and other business and IT executive management teams.
- Provide expert infrastructure advice, and where appropriate, contribute to the shaping of commercial / contractual arrangements.
- To project manage the processes required to support the infrastructure design function.
Skills & Abilities:
- Strategic awareness, deep hand on technology expertise and a proven track record of delivering complex multi-faceted solutions from inception through to successful operation.
- Ability to take complex, multi-faceted ideas, objectives or problems and work with them through to simple solutions recognizing synergies and options.
- Solid hands on experience to engineering level of Linux scripting, IBM Message Broker and MQ.
- Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrating a variety of influencing styles to enable effective completion of tasks both individually and within groups. Builds sustainable relationships with colleagues and key individuals in the business and IT team from executive management through to technical levels.
- Shows a desire to take the initiative, moving issues forward with clarity. Demonstrates an ability to think ‘outside the box’ while defining solutions in a workable form.
- Ability to drive transformation for cost and service benefits.
- Supplier management skills to develop genuine partnerships for mutual value.
- Proven ability to accurately cost and plan project activities.
- INDUSTRY KNOWLEDGE - Understanding of financial services and the electronic payments space. Understanding of industry best practice and trends, particularly as it relates to infrastructure, together with their application within a business context.
- TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE – Significant breadth of technical and strategic understanding in the infrastructure field. With an in-depth knowledge of at least two specific infrastructure domains from Security, Server Platforms, Storage & Backup, Middleware, Database.
- Must have extensive experience of virtualised X86 environments.
- Exposure to Oracle Fusion Middleware/Weblogic extremely beneficial.
- Evidenced track record of engineering and delivering complex environments across various phases of the development to production lifecycle. . Sandbox, Dev, SIT, UAT, Pre Production, Production, Performance.
- Extensive understanding across the breath of IT with a proven track record of infrastructure delivery in a variety of roles . infrastructure design/architecture, systems administration, service management, infrastructure engineering, project management, application development.
- Evidenced track record of the development and maintenance of IT Infrastructure Designs, with applied understanding, at an enterprise level of voice & data networking, security, server, storage & backup, middleware, database and desktop technology designs.
- Experience of Oracle Database (RAC, Exadata), oracle Fusion Middleware and Windows highly desirable.