4 Bulevardul General Vasile Milea, București
Reporting to the Europe IS Team Leader, the IS engineer provides support to primarily Romanian employees but also Europe-wide employees on a daily basis for computer hardware, Operating Systems, applications and company network problems.
- Maintain and administer the servers, Local Area Network and equipment which form the data center network, including NetApp and NetBackup devices;
- Provide first line support and training to all users Europe-wide, at an appropriate level for the various systems in use;
- Maintain, administer, support and upgrade as necessary the desktops and laptops used by all Romanian and Hungarian staff;
- Devise and implement enhancements and continuous improvement projects where applicable.
- Support and administer the local company VOIP telephone system;
- Administer and implement software upgrades and installs on servers, storage devices, desktops and laptops where applicable;
- Be responsible for IT equipment forecast, acquisition and maintenance.
The eligible candidate must have University Degree in Computer Science or Electronics, and knowledge of the following:
- Networking and general hardware knowledge;
- Active Directory, MS Exchange, MS Outlook;
- Some experience in data center maintenance and support, Linux OS commands, Windows OS abilities; MAC OS knowledge can be a plus;
- Programming/scripting abilities;
- Great customer service skills and team player attitude;
- Good communication and problem solving skills;
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Common sense and logic.