Kimball Electronics Romania had the start-up in, as a greenfield investment being owner of its new facility building and new equipment!
As distinctive trait of the company's employees, in the first years we are looking for colleagues ready to get out of regular jobs and rather create their own: we are looking for colleagues that are willing to contribute and get involve, are ready to easily slide from one area to another, interested in creating procedural frame and, as a general approach, are not afraid to fail, but either to succeed!
We invite to go through the role description below and see if it matches your interests!
Industrial Engineer is responsible for determining the most effective ways to manufacture a product. Develops methods to increase productivity and maximize efficiency (operators’ efficiency, equipment efficiency and utilization).
- Develop most efficient ways to use people, machines, materials, information, and energy in order to manufacture a product. Area of focus will be final / manual assembly of the products, but not only
- Define and maintain the process for routings management (. routings measurement and maintenance)
- Provide routing information to all internal costumers (process, product, test engineers and program managers and production team)
- Define working cells standards for the company
- Design / optimize layout of working cells considering customer requirements, process requirements, equipment to be used, human resources.
- Optimize / balance load for each operator involved in an assembly process
- Perform time studies (tact times, cycle time) in order to optimize the manufacturing processes
- Identify opportunities for CT improvements on production flow
- Assist in financial planning and cost analysis. Estimate production costs where needed
- Study and rearrange materials flow and operations sequence where applicable
- Evaluate effects of product / process changes
- University degree in a technical field or equivalent
- 2 years of relevant experience in the field of industrial engineering or equivalent
- 3 years of experience in manufacturing environment
- Lean and / or 6 Sigma certification (minimum GB, BB or Expert) it is a plus
- SAP knowledge is a plus
- Good communication and team spirit
- Flexible and able to accommodate to new working environment
- Able to read, analyze and understand technical documentation
- Fluent in English