Income Generating Activities Specialist
Middle (2-5 ani)
Acest anunt este inactiv, însă puteți trimite în continuare CV-ul Dvs. la aceasta companie
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is looking for a trustworthy and experienced Income Generating Activities Specialist to join its team in Romania. The successful candidate speaks Romanian fluently and English at an intermediate level.
Duty Station: Craiova (preferred) with 50% travel.
Working time: Part time (30 hours per week)
Reporting to: Project Manager for Economic Development
Start date: August / September 2016
Tdh offers a one year fixed-term contract, with possibility of extension
- Promotes the economic development component of zefiR at local and county level in Dolj, Gorj and Olt;
- Supports the project team in selecting the beneficiaries for the economic development component of zefiR – SPRING;
- Participates in the training courses and other events organised within the projects, as needed;
- Supports the selected beneficiaries to develop their income generating activities;
- Communicates with the local authorities and other relevant stakeholders from the community, as needed;
- Offers technical support for selected beneficiaries to organise themselves from practical and legal points of view to ensure the respect of the Romanian legislation and the funders requirements;
- Offers support to the beneficiaries for the development of their entrepreneurial capacity;
- Coordinates and monitors the implementation of the grant contracts of Terre des hommes within SPRING – the economic development component of zefiR.
Knowledge, Attitude and Experience Required:
- Openness, responsibility and respect for beneficiaries, partners or team-mates and good communication with people from diverse socio-economic backgrounds;
- Non-discriminatory attitude on criteria such as (but not limited to) race, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, disabilities or political preferences;
- Ability to offer support and encouragement to beneficiaries for the development of their activities;
- Ability to learn, apply and fully comply with donor rules, regulations, legal framework, office policies and procedures. 100% transparency, rigor and honesty;
- Ability to innovate and to be creative;
- Ability to work in a team in a consensual manner and to encourage full participation;
- Ability to multi-task, handle pressure, work with limited supervision;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all staff and partners;
- Computer literacy – good skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
- At least two years’ experience working with people from disadvantaged categories and is motivated to continue to work with them;
- At least two years’ experience in business or community development;
- Ability to prepare a business plan and monitor a small income-generating activity is implemented (technically and financially) according to the existing Romanian legal and fiscal framework;
- University degree in business is an advantage;
- Drivers licence preferred, as well as willingness to travel in rural communities (Dolj, Olt and Gorj or other counties, depending on needs);
Please send your CV and a maximum one page letter of motivation in English to , no later than 1st of August 2016 in an e-mail with the Subject line “IGA Specialist Application”.
The recruitment and selection procedures of Terre des hommes reflect our commitment to child rights and child protection. Individuals identifying themselves as Rroma are encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Main project on which the candidate will work:
Frame project: zefiR – Together for empowerment
Economic development component: SPRING - Supporting Participation of Rroma in the economic life of their community through Income Generating activities.
The overall goal of the project is to promote the economic inclusion and empowerment of the most vulnerable Rroma communities in the counties of Olt, Dolj, and Gorj by supporting individual and collective economic activities and entrepreneurship.
Expected outcomes: 1) At least 40 people from Rroma and other vulnerable groups have increased business and entrepreneurial skills in supportive community environments; 2) 20 supported income generating activities and individual businesses are efficient and profitable in minimum 5 local communities with a high number of Rroma or other vulnerable groups.
More information may be obtained on our websites: ;
Background on Terre des hommes
Today, Terre des hommes (Tdh) Foundation is a significant force among children’s aid organisations in Switzerland and throughout the world. It is the largest non-governmental organisation (NGO) for children’s aid in Switzerland. Tdh has development projects and emergency relief programmes in more than 35 countries. This engagement is financed by individual and institutional donations, of which 87% flows directly into the Tdh programmes.
In Romania, Terre des hommes has been active since 1992. Every year thousands of children and their families benefit from projects under our three main interventions: (1) Strengthening the child protection system to ensure the protection of children from abuse, neglect and exploitation, (2) Protection of children on the move (migration and trafficking), and (3) Inclusion of Roma communities and other minorities.