Human Resources Generalist
Tangoe is a leading provider of global enterprise communications lifecycle management software and related services. The Company’s solutions help global organizations manage, understand and control their fixed and mobile communications assets and costTangoe’s solution encompasses the entire fixed and mobile communications lifecycle including contract sourcing, asset procurement, services provisioning, invoice processing, expense allocation, bill payment, policy enforcement, usage management, inventory tracking, and device management and decommissioning.
The Human Resource Generalist is an outstanding position for a career-minded and goal-oriented individual who wants to experience an entrepreneurial, values-driven culture in a rapidly growing business. The Human Resources Generalist will leverage his/her experience in HR to support Tangoe’s European Human Resources Department.
Reporting to the head of European HR, in the UKthis position is based in our Bucharest, Romania office. It is a standalone position at a local level but is part of the wider HR team in Europe.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Being the “local” expert, leveraging that experience and knowledge to ensure compliance with employment legislation, promoting best practice, recommending changes and actions to promote this.
- Managing the day to day activities and tasks including new starter and leaver process, payroll, benefits administration, reporting, managing physical and electronic employee records and data for approximately 130 staff.
- Administration activities as pertain to the employment relationship including contract provision, letters, legally required and general communications.
- Providing support and guidance to managers in their dealings with employees, performance management, disciplinary action, etc. (this will include working with some manager that are based outside of Romania)
- Contributing to and supporting EMEA/Global HR projects and initiatives, including role evaluation, performance management programs, management development, succession planning, contract development, policy development and communications
- Building strong relationships with managers and employees; becoming the “go to” contact point for HR queries, promoting good employee relations.
- Working with Employee Representatives on employment matters requiring consultation
- Work with specialist HR functions, such as Talent Acquisition and Compensation & Benefits to ensure joined up and consultative approach, giving input on benchmarking data and local market conditions, working to ensure new starters are correctly onboarded, etc.
- High level of competency in the English language (both spoken and written)
- Educated to Bachelor degree level, Human Resource Management or a related field is preferred
- 3 to 5 years work experience in a Human Resources Generalist setting, including familiarity working in an international organization
- Good working knowledge of Romanian and European employment law
- Proven capability to make sound judgments and take the initiative to establish priorities, meet deadlines, and make decisions/choices within the functional area of responsibility with minimal direct supervision
- Excellent attention to detail, organization, follow through and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to frequent changes, delays or unexpected events.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Can do and proactive attitude, willingness to try and find the solution to the problem or challenge
- Ability to influence and establish self as a partner to the business, someone that is sought out for advice and input
- Adaptability and flexibility in approach
- Confidence to voice your own opinion whilst remaining open and willing to listen to and engage with others
- A team player but able to work independently
EEO StatementTangoe is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and strictly prohibits all forms of unlawful harassment and discrimination based upon race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age over, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition or any other basis protected by law.
Notice to Recruiters and Agencies: Tangoe prefers to recruit candidates directly, rather than through a third party recruiter or agency. Do not submit or present your candidate(s) through any means (e-mail, fax, phone, mail, verbal referral) to Tangoe or any employee of Tangoe. In the case of candidate(s) submitted or presented to Tangoe by a recruiter or agency without a signed agreement in place for the specific position or without a specific open requisition, Tangoe explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. To request consideration as a Recruiting Vendor, please contact our recruiting department