Analog Devices (ADI) is seeking a HDL design engineer to join the reference designs team that supports a broad range of industry leading high-performance linear solutions and standard products in end applications such as industrial automation, instrumentation, automotive,healthcare and communication systems.
The HDL Design Engineer is responsible for developing embedded digital designs interfacing our products targeted on various FPGA devices. As part of a cross functional team, the HDL Design Engineer performs definition, development,implementation and documentation of the reference designs, support the embedded software team in testing, bring-up and debug; and provide technical support for our global customers.
- HDL designs on commonly available FPGA evaluation platforms, demonstration systems
- Support hardware/software team in system level testing, debugging, and troubleshooting
- Design documentation,application notes, How-To guides and technical articles.
- Provide technical support,assist in technical training for field personnel and customers on global marketing campaigns
- BS/MS degree in EE or ECE or equivalent relevant experience.
-Strong digital (FPGA skills preferred) design (VHDL/Verilog)
- Experience in hardware, HDL and software debugging/troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of embedded systems,processors such as ARM, Microblaze and NIOS.
- Familiarity with software(Linux, bare-metal) is required
- Knowledge of Xilinx/Altera devices and tools (including SDK).
- Knowledge of analog, linear and mixed-signal circuit fundamentals and devices
- Exposure to electronics measurement equipment including oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, signal generators, multimeters.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proficiency in scripting languages (Perl/Tcl) and shell scripts
- Proficiency with engineering modelling and analysis tools is beneficial, including Matlab
- Exposure to PCB/EDA tools is desirable.
- Ability to work independently,take ownership and responsibility.
- Highly competitive working environment
- Opportunity to work in a multinational multidisciplinary team
- Flexible working schedule
- Competitive salary package including medical and life insurance and meal tickets