Senior (5-10 ani), Executive (>10 ani)
Adresa/ adresele jobului
Worldpay is an international leader in payments processing technology servicing all types of businesses – big and small, online and traditional retail outlets. Worldpay became a public company in 2015, listing on the FTSE 100, and is a member of the London Stock Exchange. Worldpay’s global footprint sets them apart with more than 5000 colleagues in 25 locations worldwide.
Worldpay has a long-standing partnership with Endava and the partnership will continue beyond a talent pool to create a Fintech hub in Bucharest. The hub will create a wealth of skills and technical capability in one of the fastest growing cities in Romania.
The Fintech hub is meant to create a new high-caliber location for Group Technology and Engineering (GTE). GTE is structured around the design, build and maintenance of innovative systems, products and services. GTE works in partnership with customer-facing teams to innovate and build reliable and secure products and services across many industries.
Key Purpose of the Role:
The Head of Oracle DBA Practice provides operational, technical and strategic leadership for Oracle database support DBAs and process across WorldPay globally. The responsibilities are split into the following functional areas:
-Hands On – Lead Technical DBA
-Oracle Practice Manager
• Leading live service / business as usual Oracle support practice across Worldpay business/product lines.
• Ensure Technical support and escalation points of contact are available in and out of office hours
• Change Board attendance to represent not only changes raised by the Oracle DB technical teams but also to review and assess changes that could possibly impact the stability and availability of Oracle
• Incident management attendance and post incident reviews to ensure that any impacts to Oracle are clearly understood and the resolution steps and activities are followed to avoid future issues
• Release management support to ensure that planning across the team in each of the environments (DevTest, pre- production, UAT and production) is in line with agreed process and that testing is rigorous and diligent
• Due to the nature of Worldpay’s business in the payment area, PCI security compliancy is hugely important. This role must always maintain a focus on security policy adherence
• Technical resource allocation to satisfy demand for live service support for the Acquiring products. This requires close relationships with the Application Support and development teams to maintain early visibility to support improved resource planning.
• Resource planning / contract negotiation to ensure that the demand of discretionary and live service project delivery is satisfied with a forecasted resource pipeline. The ability to identify, assess and quantify the effort associated with future work and to plan this effort into the resource pipeline.
• Technical capacity and performance planning; work with other Infrastructure and Operations colleagues to assess impacts on the environment associated with proposed projects and environmental changes
• Commercial and licensing planning; work with Strategic Sourcing Management and license management partner to assess commercial impacts associated with proposed projects and environmental changes
• Identification of gaps as a means of improving the underpinning technologies and process associated with Storage and Databases
•5+ years in a Senior technical leadership role providing build and/or live service support for Database technologies.
•A very strong technical understanding of database systems and services.
•Considerable experience and exposure in financial services IT infrastructure roles
•A good understanding of technical transversal services such as Networks, Storage, Tooling and Databases
•Proven track record of managing the implementation of both Technical & Procedural solutions
•Experienced in problem resolution and Identification of solutions to programme challenges
•Experience of Database as a Service (DaaS)
•ITIL Service Delivery, including Acceptance into Service, OAT and Change Control
•Implementation of ITIL Service Standards to facilitate the ongoing operation, maintenance and support of Infrastructure within a leading Card Payment organization or similar
•Successful delivery within a financial institution with compliance to PCI DSS regulatory constraints
•Technical Project Management
Skills and Abilities:
•Established expertise and significant operational experience in Database Technologies to enable technical leadership in this key technical area for Worldpay
•Ability to manage stakeholders effectively
•Ability to communicate to a wide audience of professionals internally and externally
•Experience of driving delivery of technology operations
•Exposure/experience of managing risk in a technology environment
•The ability to understand and assess identified issues and risks pertaining to the Platform Services environment across all technologies and services
•The ability to understand and assess operational risk and impacts
•The ability to focus on ‘the service’, to ensure that newly implemented projects are handed over into the operational space in line with service introduction techniques and processes
•The constant ability to prioritise live service / operational support over project delivery effort