Geography, Travel & Tourism Teacher
Middle (2-5 ani), Senior (5-10 ani)
Cambridge School of Bucharest is in search of a qualified Key Stage 4 Geography and Key Stage 5 Travel & Tourism teacher. Suitable candidates will have proven experience in teaching CAIE IGCSE Geography and AS/A2-level Travel & Tourism. Experience running a department preferred. Applicants should also have experience with PSCHEE for these Key Stages.
To be self-motivated professional who demonstrates thorough curriculum knowledge, can teach and assess effectively, and foster students who achieve high standards.
Areas of Responsibility and Key Tasks
Planning, Teaching, and Class Management
Teach allocated students by planning their teaching to achieve progression of learning through:
- creating and developing subject-specific curriculum maps, schemes of work, and lessons plans as needed.
- setting tasks which challenge students and ensure high levels of interest;
- encouraging students as they move through IGCSE and AS/A-level exams;
- including age-appropriate PSCHEE in the classroom;
- setting appropriate and demanding expectations;
- setting clear targets, building on prior attainment;
- being aware of and making provision for students who are AEN/SEN, very able, LAC or who have other particular individual needs;
- providing clear structures for lessons maintaining pace, motivation, and challenge;
- making effective use of assessment and ensure coverage of programmes of study;
- ensuring effective teaching and best use of available time;
- maintaining discipline in accordance with the school's procedures and encouraging good practice with regard to punctuality, behaviour, standards of work and homework;
- ensuring students acquire and consolidate knowledge, skills, and understanding appropriate to the subject taught;
- evaluating own teaching critically to improve effectiveness;
- ensuring the effective and efficient deployment of classroom support;
- liaising with the department head to ensure the implementation of department policy and best practice.
Monitoring, Assessment, Recording, Reporting
- assessing how well learning objectives have been achieved and use them to improve specific aspects of teaching;
- marking and monitoring students' work and setting targets for progress;
- assessing and recording students' progress systematically and keeping records to check that work is understood and completed, monitor strengths and weaknesses, inform planning, and recognise the level of student achievement;
- undertaking assessment of students as requested by examination bodies and departmental and school procedures.
- Have lead responsibility for a subject or aspect of the school's work and develop plans, which identify clear targets, student progress, and success criteria for its development and / or maintenance.
Other Professional Requirements
- have a working knowledge of teachers' professional duties and legal liabilities;
- operate at all times within the stated policies and practices of the school;
- know subject(s) or specialism(s) to enable effective teaching;
- take account of wider curriculum developments;
- establish effective working relationships and set a good example through their presentation and personal and professional conduct;
- endeavour to give every child the opportunity to reach their potential and meet high expectations;
- co-operate with other staff to ensure a sharing and effective usage of resources to the benefit of the school, department, and students;
- contribute to the corporate life of the school through effective participation in meetings and management systems necessary to coordinate the management of the school;
- take responsibility for own professional development and duties in relation to school policies and practices.
It is understood that areas of responsibility are from time to time subject to review and are negotiable in the light of the needs of the school and the professional development of the staff.
Cambridge School of Bucharest is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.