GL Accountant with German
Middle (2-5 ani), Senior (5-10 ani)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure timely and accurate booking of GL entries in SAP or other ERP, depending on the available IT infrastructure
- Understand the rationale behind all GL postings, to ensure reasonableness.
- Prepare bank reconciliation
- Perform month-end activities as required for reporting (opening/closing of SAP modules, inter-company reconciliations, currency revaluations, uploads of SAP results into One Stream, etc.) within a tight timescale.
- Prepare balance sheet and bank reconciliations, with supporting documentation according to the company’s standards and within the required time-scale.
- Follow-up of disputed/long-outstanding items to ensure integrity of the balance sheet.
- CAPEX accounting and reporting and assign tag numbers to fixed assets
- Track company expenditures for fixed assets in comparison to the capital budget and management authorizations
- Maintain up-to-date procedure documents in English
- Support internal/external audit and Internal Control Office requests.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of accounting from Trial Balance to P&L/Balance Sheet.
- Professional accounting qualification is a plus
- Working knowledge of SAP, US GAAP
- Good Microsoft Office skills.
- Fluency and ability to work in English and German.
- Ability to work in another foreign language like Spanish/Czech/Polish is considered as a plus.
- Good communication and time-management skills.
- Tenacious and detail-orientated working style, with a drive to resolve issues.
- Track record of continuous process improvement.
- Proactive approach
- Flexibility during month-end closing