Middle (2-5 ani), Senior (5-10 ani)
Oracle Software Support is growing the advance team to investigate, learn the latest technology, the upcoming fusion products and influence product supportability, usability, maintenance, installation/configuration, etc.
The team will partner with development to add value in the design phase. It is a unique opportunity to not only define how Oracle Software Support will support Fusion products but also shape the product to benefit customers.
If you are excited by the notion of being able to define a group from the beginning and shape our collective future then this is the place to be.
This position is for Fusion H uman C apital M anagement Support Team. One important area is the business processes knowledge for Human Resources Management (HR functions, Payroll, Talent Management, Performance Management).
As a Sr. Support Engineer, you will be the technical interface to customers, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Value-Added Resellers (VARs) for resolution of problems related to the installation, recommended maintenance and use of Oracle products. Have an understanding of all Oracle products in their competencies and in-depth knowledge of several products and/or platforms. Also, you should be highly experienced in multiple platforms and be able to complete assigned duties with minimal direction from management. In this position, you will routinely act independently while researching and developing solutions to customer issues.
- Sr Support Engineer is expected to apply upport/development/implementation experience, a deep understanding of the underlying technologies, knowledge of business processes and support processes to interact with a broad spectrum of people within both Oracle and the customer(s) encountering issues during beta and production phases.
- Sr Support Engineer is considered an emerging expert in the technical and functional areas, implementation strategies, setup, installation, configuration,
and integration technologies and influences product design by providing feedback to development.
- You will be expected to master complex technical and functional areas and have the ability to suggest and/or create diagnostics and troubleshooting tools for the larger organization.
- You will also be instrumental in helping to define/refine the future support processes and help prepare the larger support team for the big release.
- You will be expected to coach, mentor and train your peers in other organizations, interact frequently with senior management in the support and development chain and prepape and present to large and small groups on technical and functional topics.
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE:
- Exceptional diagnostic and troubleshooting ability and skilled in using industry standard tools and techniques.
- Extensive experience monitoring, tuning and/or changing complex applications to optimize the product to perform to customer expectations.
- Extensive experience with one or many aspects of Enterprise Business Application (Product knowledge, Log reading, Troubleshooting techniques etc). Knowledge of networks, database configuration, server configuration, Web Server optimization load balancing hardware, SQL tuning and so on.
- Ability and attitude to assist junior members of the team in training on new products and technologies is highly desired
Ability to influence and gain cooperative relationships with wide range of audiences ranging from executives to technical specialists.
- Excellent communication skills. Able to communicate very well both technically and functionally in highly escalated situations. Able to produce audienceappropriate communication with executives, support personnel, and customer personnel in tense, escalated situations.
- Well-developed listening skills. Able to discern core issues in an environment where it may be difficult to determine what is cause and what is symptom.
- Good organizational skills. Able to develop a coherent plan of action that meets everyone’s needs to resolve a given situation as quickly as possible. Also able to revise this plan as new data is obtained without appearing that there was no plan.
- Ability to persevere in the face of obstacles and ensure customer’s success
- Self starter, works well unsupervised or with limited supervision.
TECHNICAL & ANALYTICAL SKILLS:
- Well-developed troubleshooting skills, ability to analyze details and synthesize "big picture", frequently working with incomplete or ambiguous data. Creative use of industry standard tools to aid in the diagnostic process.
- Detailed knowledge of more than one modules in any of the following applications: Peoplesoft, JDE or EBS HCM (experience in Compensation/Benefits applications will be a big plus)
Following technical skills are desired. In the absence of these skills, it is expected that the Support Engineer will develop an understanding of one or more of these skills as required for the role upon completion of post-hire trainings in these areas.
- XML: skilled in reading/writing/validating and processing reasonably complex XML documents. Familiarity with DTD's, Namespaces, XML Schemas, XPath and XSLT.
- Object Orientation and Java literacy: Deep understanding of Object Oriented design concepts (such as inheritance) and experience of supporting/troubleshooting applications implemented in java (ability to analyze/relate to java exception messages in log files, class loading issues, basic understanding of JVM operation). Knowledge of J2EE and EJB preferred. Past Programming or white box testing experience in Java and other web technologies is preferred.
- SOAP and Web Services: A basic understanding of locating and invoking remote Web Services (UDDI, SOAP). A working understanding of WSDL, RPC/Document style web services and WS-Security, WS-Reliability.
- Service Oriented Architecture and BPEL: Familiarity with the SOA development paradigm and the use of SOA suite components (BPEL, Enterprise Service Bus, Business Rules) to arrange/assemble discrete web services into more complex business flows.
- Development framework: Experience supporting/developing/testing web applications implemented using frameworks that expose business services
via a Model/View/Controller paradigm, such as Oracle ADF.