Oracle Software Support is growing its Fusion Human Capital Management Support team. As part of this team, you will learn the latest technology and help influence product supportability, usability, maintenance, and installation/configuration. The team works very closely with the Fusion Development team, and well as other Oracle teams directly involved in Fusion Products. If you are excited by the notion of being able to work with a group in its early stages and help shape our collective future, then this is the place to be. Please see additional details and requirements below.
• Exceptional diagnostic and troubleshooting ability and skilled in using industry standard tools and techniques.
• Extensive experience monitoring, tuning and/or changing complex applications to optimize the product to perform to customer expectations.
• Extensive experience with one or many aspects of Enterprise Business Application (Product knowledge, Log reading, Troubleshooting techniques etc). Knowledge of networks, database configuration, server configuration, Web Server optimization load balancing hardware, SQL tuning and so on.
• Ability and attitude to assist junior members of the team in training on new products and technologies is highly desired• Excellent communication skills. Able to communicate very well both technically and functionally in highly escalated situations. Able to produce audience appropriate communication with executives, support personnel, and customer personnel in tense, escalated situations.
• Well-developed listening skills. Able to discern core issues in an environment where it may be difficult to determine what is cause and what is symptom.
• Good organizational skills. Able to develop a coherent plan of action that meets everyone’s needs to resolve a given situation as quickly as possible. Also able to revise this plan as new data is obtained without appearing that there was no plan.
• Ability to persevere in the face of obstacles and ensure customer’s success• Self starter, works well unsupervised or with limited supervision.
• Well-developed troubleshooting skills, ability to analyze details and synthesize "big picture", frequently working with incomplete or ambiguous data. Creative use of industry standard tools to aid in the diagnostic process.
• Detailed knowledge of more than one modules in any of the following applications - Peoplesoft, JDE or EBS HCM (experience in Compensation/Benefits applications will be a big plus) Following technical skills are desired.
In the absence of these skills, it is expected that the Support Engineer will develop an understanding of one or more of these skills as required for the role upon completion of post-hire trainings in these areas.
• XML: skilled in reading/writing/validating and processing reasonably complex XML documents. Familiarity with DTD's, Namespaces, XML Schemas, XPath and XSLT.
• Object Orientation and Java literacy: understanding of Object Oriented design concepts (such as inheritance) and experience of supporting/troubleshooting applications implemented in java (ability to analyze/relate to java exception messages in log files, class loading issues, basic understanding of JVM operation). Knowledge of J2EE and EJB preferred. Past Programming or white box testing experience in Java and other web technologies is preferred.
• SOAP and Web Services: A basic understanding of locating and invoking remote Web Services (UDDI, SOAP). A working understanding of WSDL, RPC/Document style web services and WS-Security, WS-Reliability.
• Service Oriented Architecture and BPEL: Familiarity with the SOA development paradigm and the use of SOA suite components (BPEL, Enterprise Service Bus, Business Rules) to arrange/assemble discrete web services into more complex business flows.
• Development framework: Experience supporting/developing/testing web applications implemented using frameworks that expose business services via a Model/View/Controller paradigm, such as Oracle ADF.