Functional Safety Engineer for C&S (Iasi)
We have excellent news to share. The Systems Safety Engineer position is now open in the Chassis and Safety Division in Iasi. Within Chassis & Safety Division, your engineering skills can make a difference in the development of exciting new automotive products and technologies. Chassis and Safety Division in Iasi enriches the Continental Automotive research and development activity over three main branches:
• Systems and Technology, where tomorrow’s Chassis and Safety products are envisioned and integrated into highly automated vehicle driving functionalities
• Vehicle Dynamics Business Unit, where highly advanced braking technologies are provided for all vehicle types, usable in vehicle ranging from small cars right to transportation vehicles
• Advanced Driver Assistance Systems, which develops both sensors (from simple ultrasonic parking sensors to radars and advanced stereo or surround view cameras) and computation platforms for running safety, maneuvering and cruising functionalities.
As a Functional Safety Engineer you will have thrilling opportunities, including the chance:
• To boost your professional career in the automotive industry among us
• To improve your knowledge by learning from people with extensive experience in automotive safety
• To learn together with us about the safety standard ISO 26262
• To help us develop products which are both innovative and safe
• To join our worldwide community of key experts in the area
• To interact directly with the most known OEMs in the business.
You will be responsible for:
• Developing Functional Safety Concepts and system safety requirements for automotive embedded systems
• Developing Technical Safety Concepts
• Moderating System Safety Analysis (. FMEA, FTA)
• Supporting the creation of System Architecture
• Preparing safety documentation for system releases
• Solving design and functional anomalies and ensuring the functional safety of the released product
• Collaborating in interdisciplinary project teams at international level in the field of automotive functionalities
• Following company standards, international safety standards and development process
We want to help you in your technical journey - a mentor will support you to gradually take over own responsibility. We will also offer an initial training which will help you get familiarized with our products, tools, processes and organization.
Do you have the following educational background and knowledge?
• Bachelor degree in an engineering field of relevance (. Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Automatic Control)
• Knowledge of embedded systems control theory and model based engineering
• Basic understanding of electronic circuitry and embedded software
• Understanding of fundamental concepts of Physics
• Familiar with formal structured development process
Do the following personality traits, skills and work style describe you perfectly?
• Analytical skills and a structured manner of work
• Strong drive and an enthusiastic attitude
• Excellent teammate always willing to give a helping hand
• Attention to detail • Confidence in communication to internal or external customers
• Excellent command of English language
• Willingness to go on business trips abroad
Do you also have additional knowledge about the following?
• Safety critical systems design techniques and methods
• Moderation and presentation
Then you could be the future for us. Let us find out more about you by applying on Continental's career website.
What we offer
• Competitive Salaries (based on performance) & Benefits
• Health & Wellness (Life Assurance, Private Health and Dental Insurance, Sport Activities etc.)
• Integration program in professional, young and dynamic team
• A mentor for the integration period
• Professional Development Opportunities (in Technical and Managerial Area)
• International Work Environment and Travelling Opportunities
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.