Full Stack Senior Software Engineer/Architect
Digital Readiness stands for the capability of Metro to deliver outstanding digital solutions on a global scale instantaneously.
In the Customer Self-Service product team, we create the applications used by the Metro customers worldwide to access and manage the services offered by Metro. We develop the customer registration site, customer digital card management and we define, maintain and analyze the performance metrics of customer interactions.
You will be part of a distributed DevOps team of technical experts focused on developing the new Metro solution for managing customer information for multichannel services. As a full stack software engineer, you will develop both front end and back end micro-services that will enable real-time access to reliable customer information for all customer and employee-facing channels and you will be fully responsible for the entire application life-cycle. You will leverage the newest technology stacks to build modern distributed systems used worldwide by Metro customers.
We’re looking for innovative and passionate colleagues who:
- Are comfortable working in an agile, fast paced environment with a high focus on finding the best solutions for our customers
- Are able to design and write high-performance, reliable, maintainable code and are familiar with TDD and DevOps
- Have hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- Have a systematic problem solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive;
- Are comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Will focus on lowering the mean time between having ideas and making stuff happen
- Have a good sense of humor;
The skills and experience you’ll need:
- 5+ years of experience developing web applications
- Familiar with mobile application development using PhoneGap/Apache Cordova
- Understanding of NoSQL datastores such as Cassandra and ElasticSearch.
- Experience building REST APIs, using JSON and Swagger
- Have experience/knowledge of microservices and Docker container technology managed with Kubernetes
- Good knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Familiarity with Continuous Delivery and tools such as Jenkins, Git, Gradle