FPGA Engineer (Space Sector)
Entry (0-2 ani), Middle (2-5 ani), Senior (5-10 ani)
Recrutez candidati dispusi sa se relocheze
GMV is looking for a highly motivated FPGA Engineer who will join the Avionics and On-Board Software division in the Space Segment and Robotics business unit to develop new technologies for space satellites and space exploration missions. The group implements and develops algorithms to be programmed in space processors devoted for HW acceleration of critical high-performance subsystems in the space assets embedded avionics including prototypes of new processing architectures and for potential future products. The projects are results-driven, including also researching activities in new fields like artificial intelligence in FPGA, VPUs or DSP platforms.
As an FPGA Engineer in our team you will be responsible for:
- FPGA code (or firmware) implementation (VHDL) in FPGA-based HW
- TRL design, simulation and verification
- Software /hardware codesign, partitioning and co-simulation
- Hardware/software implementation, documentation, verification/validation and certification of embedded systems for satellites and spacecrafts (mainly based on FPGA and / or FPGA + microprocessor)
- Timing/Performance optimizations of FPGA designs
- Interfaces definition, communications and packet processing architectures
- Trade-off analysis of devices and algorithms including area, speed, power, volume, mass and cost estimation
- Participation in the definition of digital architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for operational or simulated space hardware/software systems.
- Provides technical support for VHDL implementations and assists in selection of the more adequated FPGA and/or microprocessor platforms in line with the implementation.
- Tailoring and deployment of processes, tools and metrics.
- Defining technical approaches and development plans
For this job to be yours, you shall have:
- Min 3 yrs. of experience in VHDL development for FPGA
- Knowledge about Digital Signal Processing and Xilinx Vivado or Xilinx ISE
- C/C++ coding skills
- The ability to adapt to a variety of tasks covering aspects of multiple disciplines: embedded flight hardware/software, simulation environments, algorithms, fast links, image processing and telemetry systems
- Good communication skills, both in Romanian and English
- Ability to actively collaborate with remote team members
- Willingness to learn, to share knowledge with others and to act as a team player
Nice to have:
- Image Processing
- Linux and programming of drivers
- Real-Time operating systems
- System-on-Chip, embedded CPU and bus architectures
- PCB and Hardware design
What do we offer in return?
- The opportunity to join a pioneering team of the Romanian Space Industry
- The possibility to work in an international team, with innovative projects
- Professional Career Development in the country and abroad. We help you directing your career, starting from a technical base, passing through the team and project management, the technical expertise or the commercial area, keeping contact with our clients. It’s up to you!
- Access to the company’s training program. You can acquire and sharpen your knowledge in the technologies we use, as well as your language skills.
- Possibility to participate in team activities and sports competitions with us.
- Flexible working-hours, private medical insurance, meal card, good coffee, fresh fruits, nice colleagues and an office with an astonishing view